Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
VMax Today - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

VMax Today

snuffy

4 Esprits were at vmax today, and what a lovey crisp, sunny day it was.

I managed 174, Rob was 172 ( i think ), Richard 163 and Neil 175 with the wastegates working and 179 with them disconnected.

I tried to get my tiny wing off to see if it made a differece, but thw bolts where stuck, so I'll have to get them freed up for next time.

Right then, said Fred.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Adrian I was 164 without full boost and no mods allow me 1 mph!

Anyway nice to see Neal showed that the V8 GT outperforms the 350! (only winding you ap Adrian)

Many thanks to Dermot who without his coaching I would have hit 120mph!

Also Rob and Neal for their technical assistance.

Great day guys and good company.

See you guys soon!

The interesting bit:

My car (stock cats, 350 chip) ran 169 on optimax, so adrians hi flow cats added 5mph. Neals car is identical to mine but with EMPTY cat pipes and that ran 175 (with the wastegates connected).

Ie difference between lotus cat and no cat= 6mph.

difference between hi-flows and empty cats= 1mph (however adrian prob would have had at least +1mph if he took the wing off).

With dermot's special brew fuel i ran 172 ie a 3mph increase.

Ideal vmax spec: low ride height no wing, empty cats, disconnected wastegates, ambient temp zero degrees, dermots fuel. I reckon with that you'd max the car within the 1.5 miles ie 180+

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

try this site

http://www.vmax15000bhp.com/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ha ha.. "latest" results has only vmax8.. that was like six months ago.. lol

Here's how it works:

Chap called craig knows the folks who run bruntingthorpe proving ground.

He books the venue, often at short notice. Posts up on the vmax forum on pistonheads when hes got a date. Anyone who wants to attend is welcome on a first come first served based, 150 quid each which pays for the location hire plus radar timing gear which is set up 1.5 miles (or thereabouts) down the 2 mile runway. Cars run in pairs and the event is very well marshalled for safety reasons.

I was at vmax 8 and managed 154mph in the blistering heat that from a standard GT3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Increases in top speed require a lot of horse power, it's certainly not a linear relationship. For example, that's 20 mph slower than I did, with, I'd estimate 130bhp more in my car ( 370-240 ). A Ruf Porsche hit 202 on Sunday ( 28 mph more than me ) and it has around 650 bhp, i.e. 280 bhp more than mine. So, just to go a couple of mph more needs a huge increase in power.

Right then, said Fred.

thanks,

I see the track is open too, presume open pit lane?

What is the bruntingthorpe track like?

I have only been around snetterton.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its not really a track as such - just a straight 1/2 mile blast, 180 degree bend, 2 mile straight with timing gate then a few bends and you're back where you started. Cars run in pairs and only two allowed out at any one time but you can do as many runs as you like.

If i remember Dermot recorded 165 at Vmax 7, i am pretty sure he said that he had about 1000 rpm more to go and should have been good 4 about 170/175 ish.

Dont know how much bhp he is running i would like to think that with sundays conditions i might have made closer to 160.

If i remember Dermot recorded 165 at Vmax 7, i am pretty sure he said that he had about 1000 rpm more to go and should have been good 4 about 170/175 ish.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That still does not matter. The car wont go any faster just because you have not hit the rev limit. For example, I went to Vmax 9 and only did 158. The car was down on power and would not push much past 5000 in 5th. You need huge power increases to overcome the wind resistance.

Right then, said Fred.