Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Chargecooler radiator stolen - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Chargecooler radiator stolen

I removed the radiator from my 1990 SE today and found the air conditioning / chargecooler radiator to be from an non-chargecooled car. No chargecooler rad. From the shop manual, it should have two radiators sandwiched together. Nope, mine's got one flat radiator for the air and nothing else.

Looking at the 4 coolant pipes through the body, the 2 on the right side have a u shaped hose connecting to each other.

The car does have an 1989 front valance, different style than what should be on there, which I assumed meant the car had been hit in the front. Must be the rad got replaced also.

The chargecooler always seemed some what cool, elec. pump works so I thought all was well.

I could buy a correct chargecooler /air cond. radiator, if I could find one. That would be big $, on top of the price of a new engine cooling rad. Or I could hook the chargecooler up to the air rad.

I never use the air and have always thought about removing it.

What do you guys think. I'm open to suggestions.

I'm going to the pub and think about it.

Thanks

Dave

90SE

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about cc rad (double of course) water jet onto the cc rad upon demand (like a water injection kit but simply to increase cooling by evaporative heat loss not just conduction to the passing air, then one of those CO2 coolers where it ducts CO2 via pipework that goes trough the induction tract and then vents to atmosphere cooling dramatically as it expands?

Sparky may recall this little plan from a previous discussion at Dunstan Hall.

If you cannot locate a new/used unit, I remember reading a past post from another member who had a custom made (Los Angeles?) unit done from the stock dimensions. Might search to find his post.

Jeff

www.espritturbo.com