Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
almost ripped off!! - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

almost ripped off!!

bigsi

went to look at an esprit.. finally.

body was ok paint work fine, (white), spoiler on rear, engine bay was clean and interior a little tatty but i could of got it re-trimmed.

i was due to do a straight swap on my fairlady.

anyway, guy gets in drivers seat of mine , im in passenger, i explain to him about the car, how she will bite back if not driven carefully and to be carefull at corners etc as it had been raining.

get to bottom of road and turns right.... thinks throttle has two modes.. on and off.. back flies round and hes facing the other way again... plank.

tell him to be gentle.. off we go.. gets to roundabout and ends up facing the wrong way again.. i tell him again, dont go so fast!! then he says.... my lotus 2.2 is the fastest thing i have ever driven so this is all new and wierd to me, im sure i will get the hang of it!! ( at this point i am thinking of changing my underwear).

so off we go, get to a bit of dual carridgeway and he opens her up.. next thing you know we are doing about 140+ and he looks more scared than i do.. so he slows down pulls into layby and gets out.. white as a ghost and says" will it go faster than that then?" yes i reply.. his answer tops it all... he puked on the damn wheel of the car! i drove it back and then he gave me the keys for his lotus.

got in the lotus and it felt very strange.. the seat was loose.. the steering wheel was slightly out of shape.. the dash was tatty and.. AND had a few fag burns in!!!

still had to drive it.. started her up and saw a bit of smoke, thats soon died, he said it had been stood for a week or two.. ok.. off we go... um.. no we dont cut out.. start again.. off we go.. and iwill be fooked if i can get it above 40mph.. the gears are clunking, the sterring is ropey and its not smelling to good.. oh and the smokes back. so i turn around and drive back..

get out of car and the noize coming from engine is bad.. turn it off and tell the guy thanks but no thanks..

needless to say he gets all irate and accuses me of wasting his time, and that i shouldnt of come if i wasnt gonna trade the car.. etcc, then threatens violence..

needless to say i get in my car and drive off....

got home to find message on phone, he says.. i have had to scrap the car now as the engine is damaged because of my driving!! eh?????? how did he work that one out.. phone back and tell him to fook off and stop talking crap.

so if you get offered a white crappy lotus from chepstow.... dont!!!

worst thing for me is.. i still dont have a lotus..

however i still have my little 2 seat jap supercar.. for now..

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest esprit geoff

Absolutely dreadful stuff. So is the Fairlady your talking about the 300ZX, short wheel base? I had a 300zxtt before the Esprit, lovely car but now worthless!!!

Geoff.

yes its the 2 seater short wheel base, mines in very good condition no rust etc.. all the jap history from the one owner out there. the 2 seaters are the rarest model now, and most people looking for one seek this model out more than a 2+2..

i had mine valued and its insured at 9k prehaps it would sell for that, who knows but, its a very nice and fast car. not many of them left now.. the 2+2's are common as muck.. the 2 seater was never made for the uk market.