Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2000 + V8 Disc Specifications - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2000 + V8 Disc Specifications

I have been looking into replacing the discs on my 2002 Esprit and have found that Lotus wants close to $2000 Canadian for EACH front disc. $2000 per disc seems quite steep even by Lotus standards so what I would like to do, is have some custom bells/hats made up that would fit discs, that AP Racing sells off the shelf saving me some money, and also making it possible to slightly upgrade the brakes. I would like to use a 330X32 mm floating disc for the front and 320X28mm disc for the rear. Another benefit would be that when it comes time for another disc replacement I could reuse the bells making it even less expensive.

I know that other members have done this before and I was hoping that someone might have access to the spec drawings/blueprints for the front and rear discs. Please PM me with any info that you may have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Steve doPorto

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve,

If you went down this rote then you would need to machine the centre hole and make your own PCD (5 holes in the bells). Also I don't think AP do the same offset of bell. This has been investigated so many time.

I can supply the same discs and bells for

Edited by superdavelotus

Hi Dave,

I was planning on having the bells made from scratch and as for the brackets I was going to run a spacer to account for the difference in the diameter of the front disc. From what I understand, the front AP calipers are designed to run a 330X32mm disc and that

Hi Steve,

1. The diameters are 321mm for fronts and rears. The front and rear is 30mm thick. They also have a thicker sectional area than the AP rally disc and should last longer as our discs are made for road. You have to use thinner pads for the rears to accomodate the extra thickness. You can get these direct from Lotus Elise or shave your Esprit pads down to the same thickness.

2. Discs are made in Sweden that are ISO 9001 and bells are made in UK.

If you are replacing just the rotor from the OEM S350 set up then the front is 30mm and the rear is 27mm. I can supply these for

Edited by superdavelotus

Hi Dave,

I drive the car on the track so I was looking more to improve the brakes rather than just replace, and going thinner than 32mm on the front is not even something that I would consider. I'm sure the brakes that you sell would be awesome for a street car and the price you

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anyone Located in Birmingham that would be willing to help me out and allow their car to be used to test fit the new discs and caliper brackets. I live in Canada and it would give me some piece of mind knowing that they will fit before everything gets shipped. The fronts are 330X32mm floating discs with 8 curved grooves and the rears are 320X28mm bolted discs with 4 curved grooves. The company that is making them is also making brackets for the front calipers to accommodate the 10mm larger diameter disc. If someone is willing to help me out they will also get a tour of the facility where they are being made along with some tea and cookies :-). Not to mention if you

Hi Steve,

If you like to get a straight replacement inclusive bells/center-sections for your discs, we have them for Euro 1075,- per pair complete. Quality is the very same or maybe slightly better (because of more holes and more meat 320x32mm) than stock.

AP_disks.jpg

*Clicky*

Cheers

Marcus

Edited by Paula&Marcus

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

I have seen your discs before and out of all the ones that I have seen out there yours were the closest to what I was looking for. The only thing that was holding me back was the fact that I didn't want to buy discs from an unknown manufacturer. As far as the dimensions they sound great and they look very nice in the pictures too.

Steve doPorto