Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Need your help chaps! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Need your help chaps!

Hello everyone,

Bibs has been kind enough to let me come on here and ask for a bit of advice.

As some of you might know I am a Detailer trading as Mirror Finish.I have dragged my technophobe heels for long enough and have had to commit to getting a website sorted out.

I have been looking at similar sites on the web to try to get ideas and a feel of whats out there but at the end of the day i need to know what, you the customer would want.

I know it is alot to ask but i would really appreciate your input.

In return if i can offer any advice with regards to anything bodywork related please contact me through the site or my banner that appears on the forum.

Thanks again

Eddie

Mirror Finish

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Eddie, wish I could help with what customers want to know before they consider a firm for detailing a car, but as Bibs will tell you, and probably many others, detailing isn't something I think about, nor is washing the car or vacuuming it out. I'm sure some of the others who are into that will be of more use.

Andy

When you say what we 'want' what exactly do you mean ?

What jobs are the most common ? or things like prices for a job and so on ?

Body wise mine is in need of all the swirls taken out and it has various chips and a few scratches.

I think if I went to a bodyshop I'd like to see/hear of previous work examples and also a rough guide to the price.

One thing that ticks me off about SOOOOOO many businesses these days is no one really tells you how much something might cost, so you have to ring up, explain everything and then wait for a call back - defeats the whole point of the internet really.

What about wheel refurb ?

BTW are you the chap who recently sprayed Bib's black car ?

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

When you say what we 'want' what exactly do you mean ?

What jobs are the most common ? or things like prices for a job and so on ?

Body wise mine is in need of all the swirls taken out and it has various chips and a few scratches.

I think if I went to a bodyshop I'd like to see/hear of previous work examples and also a rough guide to the price.

One thing that ticks me off about SOOOOOO many businesses these days is no one really tells you how much something might cost, so you have to ring up, explain everything and then wait for a call back - defeats the whole point of the internet really.

What about wheel refurb ?

BTW are you the chap who recently sprayed Bib's black car ?

Hi Jonathan

Thanks for the input mate it really does help.

And by the way it wasnt me who re-sprayed Bibs car but it was me who re-vamped Temples Lotus Esprit.

Edited by Eddie 4.2

I think cost is the main thing too. I've looked on plenty of websites for other stuff in the past and if there is no indication of price i'll move on to someone else. Even a rough cost is better than none at all. What i believe people want is the best job possible for the cheapest price. What services do you offer and how much are they? Also do customers have to bring the car to you or do you travel and how far?

Edited by davegtst

Hi Buddsy

I recently completed work on a fellow forum members car and he had more of less the same problem with the milky paintwork.

I have attached a picture so you can get an idea of what can be achieved.

21042009180.jpg

21042009177.jpg

This took about a day to complete and cost

I think cost is the main thing too. I've looked on plenty of websites for other stuff in the past and if there is no indication of price i'll move on to someone else. Even a rough cost is better than none at all. What i believe people want is the best job possible for the cheapest price.

So glad I'm not the only one - I spend hrs on the net sometimes, i can't do that (often) at work so I have to do all my work in the evening when business hours are closed, not having all the info there is infuriating and more and more companies do this.

I dont mind spending money as long as the job is a good one.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk