Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Question about custom wheels - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Question about custom wheels

Hi Guys,

This is a strange question I guess. I have been looking for aftermarket wheels for my S4 but can't seem to find any I like plus I really love the look of the original 5 spokes.I had an idea and contacted a wheel manufacturer to see if they could replicate the wheel in an 18" x10" wide,the V8 size which fits the wheel well a lot better.The consensus is that it would only be cost effective if many wheels are made.My question to you is would there be enough interest to have these made or am I the only one that would like the car to look original while having a much more agressive stance?

Opinions?

Thanks,

Elie

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christopher,

I did consider it and it most likely will be the way I go but I was concerned that the car might not look right with the wheels pushed to the outside of wells.How does your car look from a rear view?Is it alright and how wide are your spacers?

Thanks,

Elie

Hi,

How about just buying a set of esprit V8 wheels as it will be much cheaper and give you 10x18 on the rears and 17 x 8 on the front!

There are also a few styles to choose from aswell! Regards danny

A

Hey Elie,

I had the same thoughts about the wheels on my S1. This model looks like the wheels are oversized, and I think it looks good. I've been looking for a custom wheel shop, but haven't had any luck. Do you know a place around us that will do them? BTW, thanks for the advice on Mitek, they did an incredible job respraying the nose of my Esprit!

2 X the fun!

Nose.jpg

Hey Rob,

The guys I was talking to are in Florida.It doesn't really sound feasable though.I will keep looking around here and I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

Thanks for the advice Danny,I do keep my eyes open for a V8 set but I kinda like the size and look of the smaller front wheels but I do prefer the look of the rear V8 size.

Cheers,

Elie

• 11 months later...

Hi all

I've read somewhere on the Forum that the later Esprit has such an awkward PCB that the choices you have with aftermarket wheels are seriously limited.  But when I checked the numbers I found that the PCB is shared with several other cars, albeit not all of them typical mass produced :-) You have the Alfa Romeo 166, Lancia Kappa, Citroen XM and some Ferrari models.  But there is another unlikely candidate: The big Volvos.  I.e. not the 300, 400 or S30, S40 or V50, but everything above.  And if you go for the older rear wheel drive ones even the ET will be within limits.  I'm not sure about availability of aftermarket large Volvo wheels in other countries, but in Scandinavia these cars are all over the place and have a lot of followers and modifiers.

The only thing differentiating these wheels from the Lotus is the diameter of the center hole, which is slightly larger on the Volvo, but a specially made ring - that can also be bought from wheel manufacturers - overcomes this easily.