Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
[Ebay-bot] 1978 LOTUS ESPRIT S1 - For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

[Ebay-bot] 1978 LOTUS ESPRIT S1

ebay

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isnt that the black one that was for sale on pistonheads a while back, that looks like it had had a brick thrown through the winscreen?

Wonder what its worth? Anyone?

Edited by Cos

Guest surferphil
Isnt that the black one that was for sale on pistonheads a while back, that looks like it had had a brick thrown through the winscreen?

Wonder what its worth? Anyone?

I think it is! I tried to buy it last year from a guy in Devon, but got pipped at the post. It was for sale at about

Here's a quote from back then:

"I have a esprit S1 chassis No:0319G built on 16/1/1978 with a S2 front spoiler fitted, does anyone know if this could have been factory fitted or if any S1 were fitted with S2 spoilers? I have removed the spoiler and the bottom of the front wings have been cut off to allow the S2 spoiler to fit, whoever cut the wings has done an excellent job very tidy. I would like to put a S1 spoiler back on it, but if it left the factory with a S2 spoiler thought it might be best left as it is.

Also i would be grateful if anyone has any photos of the front wings of a S1 especially the underside just so i can see what is missing"

Between the evidence that the wings had been cut and the build date of January 1978, I'd be inclined to think that the S2 spoiler was a later addition and it had an S1 spoiler factory. I've seen a couple of January 1978 S1s in the States, and they had the S1 spoiler. A month or two later and I wouldn't know what to expect, but isn't January a little bit early for an "S1.5"?

By the way, Chris, does your car have one or two headlight lift motors, and is the battery under the quarterlight or at the rear of the boot?

Thanks,

Tony

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Looks like the current owner has managed to graft on a replacement bit to put the early blade spoiler onto.

Car looks like it has had some other bits done to the front too, cos it looks like its been blown over with some aerosole cans.

All in all, looks like a restoration jobby to me.