IGNORED

starting problem

indiaskr

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a flat battery or possibly starter motor soleniud sticking. Have you checked battery has enough in it to start car. Check the starter the old fashioned way and give it a swift wack with a rubber mallet!! If it works then its the solenoid.

I've actually had a similar problem, but it's intermittent.

I turn the key, everything on the dash lights up as its supposed to, but when I turn the key into the ignition position, nothing happens; no click or anything. But if I try again once or twice it starts right up. I know the battery is fine.

Wayne's probably got the answer but it might be just as simple as cleaning the contacts form the two spade connectors on the stater solenoid, they do get a bit grubby

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

Hi Tom,

Your problem could actually be the ignition switch, my car did exactly the same, when the fault appears try giving the key a wiggle.

When I was trying to find a replacement switch (No longer available) the car was stolen, the thieving little F*****s smashed the ignition switch which was eventually replaced with a second hand one, never had a problem since.

Les

Edited by mercman

My S3 ingition switch became faulty on the engine running setting, it would only run if I held the key in a certain angle, so I eventually sorted it by pulling it apart. Before it sorted it there wasan issue that you'd be driving along and suddenly it would loose pwer to the ignitin system, fuel would get pulled through for a split second, I'd grab for the key , get the switch to make contact again and as the engine fires for the first time in sereral revolutions it would ignite the excess fuel sitting in the exhaust. There's even a post about my car sounding like a shot gun attracting attention in the middle of the city.