Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Traction control - 2-Eleven Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Traction control

andy tee

Do people use their traction control? If so at what kind of percentage. I think i prefer mine off completely or quite low as i find the car does not suddenly snap out. I can feel the limit more when its low. Recently, i've noticed that the light on the dash is not coming on when the light on the button is on. I seem to remember that it use to come on??

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't the light on the dashboard mean the TC is intervening (i.e. reducing fuel supply) not that it is "standing by ready to intervene" ?

I have oscillated between full TC (for track days where I don't want to go off into the walls) and no TC (when I am trying to learn the limits of the car on an airfield). When the talent (and confidence) increase, I guess I will start playing with the level.

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

Doesn't the light on the dashboard mean the TC is intervening (i.e. reducing fuel supply) not that it is "standing by ready to intervene" ?

I have oscillated between full TC (for track days where I don't want to go off into the walls) and no TC (when I am trying to learn the limits of the car on an airfield). When the talent (and confidence) increase, I guess I will start playing with the level.

Your correct Del, the light on the instrument cluster illuminating means that the traction control is working. Also comes on when engine is cold to warn to change up at lower revs.

Funnily enoughI prefer the way the car feels with full traction control on as like the balnce. However I need to play around with it more I think to get a better idea

P

Your correct Del, the light on the instrument cluster illuminating means that the traction control is working. Also comes on when engine is cold to warn to change up at lower revs.

Funnily enoughI prefer the way the car feels with full traction control on as like the balnce. However I need to play around with it more I think to get a better idea

P

Always use full tc in the wet. Have felt it snap out when damp, as i was too confident with the tc on.

I was wondering if the more experienced drivers prefer it on or off and if it makes a great difference to their lap times.

Also, just looked at the instructions and the light only stays on in dash when tc is completely turned off or the 'dial' is set to zero tc, which makes sense.

Also, just looked at the instructions and the light only stays on in dash when tc is completely turned off or the 'dial' is set to zero tc, which makes sense.

This used to happen, but doesn't now. That's the problem.

I leave it on when on my first session of the day, then turn off fully pretty quickly. Lap times better when pushing on.

I always leave on in the damp/rain.

hmm, l'll check mine over the weekend as its in a trailer in a garage , but sure the light was not coming on even when at Zero the last time i checked. I defo. prefer feeling the car start to go rather than rely on looking at the dash for a flickering light ;)

Edited by andy tee

Am I the only one who has trouble seeing the main block of lights on the dashboard? The change up light in the rev counter is fine but the others can be really difficult to see on a bright day (and almost impossible if the sun is shining on them). I am not sure I would see the TC light flickering at all

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

• 1 year later...

Just reviewing this one - had a miserable day at a soggy silverstone yesterday.

One of the things I noticed is that the TC didn't seem to kick in at any time. Even accelerating in a straight line down hanger straight the car was very unstable with the rear end squirming. No TC light and it was left fully on.

I'm going to get it checked when I get the car serviced for it's hibernation.

I don't use the TC when its dry ( if i'm racing) it was really handy a couple of weeks ago at Spa.

Just make sure you are using it correctly.

When you switch the car on, t/c will be fully on. If you then press the t/c button for 4 secons or so then the t/c is variable then use the knob to ajust how much t/c you need or to 0 for off.

I used to think that if you pressed the t/c button it was fully off and couldn't work out why it was still coming on. DOH!!!

Driving the car in the wet with you foot planted to the floor round corners playing with the t/c knob is great fun, Go and find yourself a big open space.

Scotty C

post-71-125569162738_thumb.jpg

Here for a good time, not a long time

That's my point - it was fully on as I didn't touch the switch or button and left it fully anti clockwise.

I'm still trying to work out what was going on - it may have been due to too much throttle followed by too much lift but the bit where it almost span in a straightline was a bit odd.