Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige to 2-Eleven - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige to 2-Eleven

LD1Racing

Hello,

A quick introduction - I have recently sold my Exige S and one of the replacements I am considering is the 2-Eleven. (the other options include another Exige, Westfield XTR-2, or start building an Ultima). I would be going for the SVA option and am looking for opinions regarding the various options available and also living with it as a road car (does it even have a boot like the Exige?). It will obviously not be used for shopping or commuting, but definately for fast-road and weekends away.

I realise that a lot of these questions could be answered by popping into my local dealer but I work overseas and will not be back in the UK for a while.

I loved the Exige and it was only sold because of my new job, hence the reason for considering another one (with the performance pack this time). Has anyone made the change from an Exige S? obviously there will be an improvement in performance due to the higher power and lower weight but is it really that much quicker?

The XTR-2 is obviously a cheaper option, and I would also consider a Radical but really want something I can use on the road.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No boot. Luggage goes in footwell so if you're travelling two up be prepared to travel light! Low ride height, and relatively stiff suspension so can be uncomfortable on the sorts of roads the Exige/Elise excel on. You'll get cold and wet if the weather changes, and buffeted by the wind if you're over about 5ft7/8".

Unless you're going to use it on track a lot I would recommend going for another Exige - maybe with a PP this time, or one of the Cup variants.

Must admit I did love my Exige, and do like the thought of having a roof 'just in case'. Thing is, when I had the Exige it was my only car, whereas now the missus has ordered a Fiat 500 so I could probably get away with something a bit less practical.

Is the height thing really an issue? I'm 6'3" ish, could you not just modify the aeroscreen to deflect a bit more air?

Think of it as a slightly more comfy than say.............a litre bike, okie!

The same heat, damp, when it comes the rain or shine.

But they should both return u with alot more thrills & a big grin on ur face if u love the senses of direct & raw riding/driving.

Go for it as u've a daily car from ur GF..........................F the rest, u'll regret it if u never own this piece of modern engineering from Lotus :rolleyes:

After living with my 05 S2 exige as a daily, I had decided to own something more extreme, a bit faster & lighter :D

Making my already quite light Exige any lighter is gonna cost some serious $$$$$$ , so I sold it & "Get in line" for this 2-11 :lol:

The same go for my ducati 1098s & the little monster 695, they were part "Impulse purchases"

If I want practical............I'll drive my toyota 7 seaters!

Edited by simonwg905

Hi,

Came straight from a Exige 243GT and have to say the 2eleven is in a different class. Like the Exige to drive only 125% more so. You will have no problem with the height issue and it really is a comfortable car. Just remember it has been designed as a track car and not a road car so if you don't intend to track it you will need to bear this in mind and accept the necessary compromises.

Paul

Edited by pgn340r

Interesting thought Paul, somebody buying a 2-11 and not intending to put it on track - I wonder how many people have that in mind?

Apologies if I wasn't very clear in my original post - it will of course be used on track, it would just be nice to be able to use it for weekend blasts too, and not to have to spend yet more money on a trailer and towing barge.

Hello,

I had a XTR2 and now ordered a 2-11. The XTR2 is absolutely lunatic, it really is a bomb on the track, but unlikely on the road because of the clutch and the hayabusa engine. Furthermore it was not reliable, since i spent thousands for a new clutch, chain and engine problems, it rusted... and i only drove 2000km in 3 years with it.

I had a testdrive with the 2-11 and the car performs more sedate, which is sad at the first moment, but in reality, you don't want to drive a XTR2 to the office in the morning, it will make you upset, nervous and make you stink like a motormans glove which the 2-11 does not. The 2-11 just drives like a normal car if you want it to, the XTR2 never will.

regards

Gilles

Hi.

it is all relative, compared to an xtr2, the 2-11 just behaves like an elise or exige, no rattels, no ear plugs necessary when driven fast, no trouble with the clutch with its on/off in the xtr2, no fear to have a breakdown every time you drive it. ;-)

Watch my site www.xtr2.de

regards

Gilles

Hi Paul,

as I already said, i just ordered it and did not have a ride on the track but on the street.

Subjectivly, the xtr2 is way quicker, objectivly not, because it is lacking straight line speed in standard configuration. On the short track of hockenheim the xtr2 is quicker then the 211 i guess, on the gp track may be upside down. So i think there is not a big difference between both cars regarding lap times.

regards

Gilles

first time I have ever heard a 2-11 described as driving like a normal car before

I was surprised at how well behaved the 2-11 is on the road, given that it is primarily a track vehicle. Sure the brakes squek a bit because they are cold and it occasionaly just stops, but all the controls (clutch, brakes, steering etc) are really easy to use on the road and the car is surprisingly tractable below 3000 rpm.

Saving up for a sequential gearbox