Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Front splitter dimensions - Page 2 - 2-Eleven Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Front splitter dimensions

Mr.Oz

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotty

Finally, the pictures comparing the standard and track front splitters. The track splitter is laid underneath the (fitted) standard splitter - I tried to line up the fixing holes. You will see that whilst the track splitter does stick out more (approx twice the standard) it is no wider.

Hopefully these pictures will enable you to work out what you need.

post-22-1236069704_thumb.jpg

post-22-1236069737_thumb.jpg

post-22-1236069753_thumb.jpg

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

Thanks for that.

I am going to take the splitter off tomorrow night and make one up in ply.

So do you think it sticks out approx 3" (75mm) further at the front?

Scotty

Here for a good time, not a long time

I think what makes the rear wing not legal for road use is the fact that the end plates are razor sharp (i.e. just thin plates of sheet metal) and our namby-pamby rules indicate that a pedestrian might get hurt if they were hit by them (ignoring the fact they would have already had to go through the roll bar!)

Same goes for the track based battery cut out switch which is why sva cars get the nice round adonised one too.

Scotty - sorry didn't measure it. I think from visual inspection it is about the same again as the standard splitter but have heard talk on here of 4" extra!

Are there any key distances you want measuring, bearing in mind that the track splitter and the car are currently not in the same location?

Ads - like the idea of the "adonised" cut-out switch - PGR340r will probably order a few of those to improve the look of his car :lol:

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

Scotty - sorry didn't measure it. I think from visual inspection it is about the same again as the standard splitter but have heard talk on here of 4" extra!

Are there any key distances you want measuring, bearing in mind that the track splitter and the car are currently not in the same location?

Ads - like the idea of the "adonised" cut-out switch - PGR340r will probably order a few of those to improve the look of his car :lol:

No worries. I will split the difference and add on 3", it was more the profile I was after.

Cheers for that, remind me to buy you a beer some time :P

Here for a good time, not a long time

Del boy,

One should always take care of one's appearance, but I don't need an anodised one, as the owners of the first 15 cars ( you know the ones with the proper mirrors) all have platinum ones as standard!

Paul

I received the proper splitter yesterday. :lol: The track splitter extends exactly 2" further than the standard one. I just finished installing it. Took about a 1/2 hour, it helps to have a extra set of hands. The body sure is flimsy, the panels flop all over with the splitter removed....took a bit to get all the holes lined up. First track event this year one month away...can't wait! :lol:

Dan