Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Visiting Hethel from abroad and related stuff - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Visiting Hethel from abroad and related stuff

Well I know that I could probably contact Lotus direct on this, but maybe some other members would be interested in what I would like to do, in which case they will have some info here :P

So my present to my goodself this year would be to take a trip to Hethel and:

1) Visit the factory

2) Have lotus sport install the 260 ecu and mebbe a few other (simple) things done to the car.

3) Take some Lotus tuition on track.

Now who would be the best person (apart from Nick of course :lol: ) in Lotus to coordinate such a program to make sure that all can be done in a week ? the ideal being to do both the bronze and the silver course the same week .... (yes I know greedy, but while Im sure I will profit from the Bronze course, the topics covered in the silver/gold correspond better to where I believe Im at today).

Also would it be possible to take the courses in my own car ? or does Lotus have spare LHD....

Well I think thats all for the moment :lol:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never done a Lotus day (I never got to do the 2-11 one :lol: ) so have no idea what they are like.

But I have done a few days with Andrew at the airfield (going next Thursday) and have done countless laps on track with him as well. Not to far from Hethel either. Details here http://www.carlimits.com/ Best upgade you can buy.

Scotty C

Here for a good time, not a long time

Thank you both for your responses, Yes the idea was also to spend some time with Walshy :lol: , And thanks for the calendar dates, but it was more to speak to someone in Lotus who could also coordinate with Lotus Sport so that the whole program melds together (in other words car can be worked upon in same timeframe as visit for e.g.)

Hi All, I have spoken with Lisa Dann, who co-ordinates all the traing activities here and it would be no problem to run a bronze day on a Friday before one of the regular scheduled SIlver days ona Saturday. Call her on +44 (0)1953 608547 to arrange dates. The trip can be integrated with service or upgrade work in the workshop, factory tours, classic team Lotus tours etc, once again speak to Lisa about this and she can make the necessary bookings with the workshop. Obviously the more notice the better to avoid a clash with pre-booked work for other clients. The early level driver training is all done in our cars, Elise S's initially because these do everything you need for the Bronze and Silver courses and in a friendly manner at low enough speeds that you can learn rather than just hang on! We do have a left hand drive car on the fleet for those unfamiliar with RHD, please let Lisa know if you need LHD when booking.

Hope this helps, Nick

• 4 weeks later...