Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
stone chips on wheel arches and wing mirrors - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

stone chips on wheel arches and wing mirrors

Does any one else have cracks on the front wheel arches from stone chips under the wheel arches. I think this is due to the lack of wheel arch liner but has anyone come up with a solution. Also I have the original wing mirrors which are epically rubbish, how do the new ones compare?

Will be at silverstone next Thursday with the BRDC, may be see some of you there.

Matt

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Adds weight :lol: Just the normal car underseal is fine .

Actually I agree the new mirrors are better, if like Del you need to see who is coming up behind you. :lol:

Not a problem that I have had too much experience of, so the old mirrors are fine for me.

And they look so much more in keeping with the cars character!

Paul

Edited by pgn340r

Underseal it with spray on Body Schutz, available from most car paint suppliers and better accessory dealers. We don't do it in the first place because the car was designed to be minimalist and lightweight and the majority of 2-Eleven owners don't see to mind the odd chip or craze. The more stuff I put on it the heavier it is.... Don't forget, when originally concieved the car was going to be supplied unpainted as well! :lol:

Nick

Edited by Nick Adams