Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
first impressions - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

first impressions

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- I installed the higher windscreen now - it is for taller people (I am 1,86) a big advantage

rte-image-button.png

Ralf, I have seen the high windscreen option in the Lotus 2-Eleven brochure, but I have never seen one with this installed.

Could you post some pictures of the car with that installed?

Vielen Danken, ciao

P.S. enjoy the car ;)

Ralf, I have seen the high windscreen option in the Lotus 2-Eleven brochure, but I have never seen one with this installed.

Could you post some pictures of the car with that installed?

Vielen Danken, ciao

P.S. enjoy the car ;)

If you look at the pictures of my car in the Owners garage there is a picture with the taller screen fitted.

Paul

Thanks Paul. So the size of the "taller" screen is pretty much that of an UK Tax disc. I was expecting something taller, say the size of the perspex screen of the original Lotus Eleven. This car is truly mental...

Ralf, look forward your pictures either.

BTW - might be wrong, but it looks to me that most of the 2-Elevn are thus equipped with the "taller" screen, aren' t they?

No, road going 2 eleven's have the standard screen. This apparantly is the tallest that was allowed in order to pass the SVA test for type approval. The new "taller" screen is only 2.5cm higher but makes a difference in that in reduces some of the bufferting at speed.

Paul

Edited by pgn340r

Wipers, demister on a 2-Eleven? Thee people reaaaly think rubbish.

We have to cheer still do exist car makers, like Lotus, producing cars and not super-safe "appliances".

Cheers

ALC 63

Edited by ALC 63

Still seems crazy that even the taller wind deflector which of not strictly road legal could possibly need wipers anyway.

Comments Jo !!!

Guess rules are rules though however crass.

Paul

Guest bruh_la

SVA rules say that if you look THROUGH a screen it has to be cleaned by wipers and has to have a demisting capability...