Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My First impressions in my 2-11 at Oulton Park... - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

My First impressions in my 2-11 at Oulton Park...

My second proper track day in my 2-11 & first time at Oulton Park on 2nd June was just fabulous. The weather was perfect if a little hot. I also met another 2-11 owner there in their Orange Bobcat.

BOT (Back on Track) in Guildford had setup the car for me & re done my Geo. Well, the track is fabulous & utterly engaging. There were around 65 cars on the day, 4 Radicals, an Ultima, GT3 RS

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to put some kind of hard foam between top of seat and roll bar, the seat is not solid enough at this point, and in case of big shunt, could bend, crack, and send a long splinter of carbon fiber into your neck....this info was given to me, demonstrated somewhat by bending my seat, by somebody who knows...ignore at your peril.

I love Oulton Park and it's great for the 2-11. Going there next tuesday and can't wait. Last year though, I had one of my first track days in it when a gasket in the gearbox failed through knickerbrook and dumped all of the transmission over the rear tyres sending me off the tarmac. Just glad it didn't happen through druids!

Nice to meet u today Mark. You pedal your car very well, certainly better than me. Hope u get home ok. glad to see you didnt have any issues with your car. Post up next time ur at oulton. I will be going back several times this year will post on here dates.

Regards Amer

Hi Amer - it was a great day and can't believe how lucky we were with the weather. Looked like you were flying round on the final session when you were by yourself!

We were wondering whether to go back on July 17th on the circuits day event, but I'll keep you posted.

The car was fine this time - just lost a wheel centre cap, but had it returned!

Good to see you there,

Mark

Hi Mark

Its been pouring down all day so we were damn lucky yesterday. am doing oulton next wednesday with msv ( need more practice to try and keep up with you) and will definately be at the next circuit days one. its on the 21st July by the way. hope u can make it

Regards Amer