Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Crystal Cove meet 1/28/06 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Crystal Cove meet 1/28/06

JRTurbo909

Well,

The Crystal cove meet is at the shopping center every saturday from 7-9. I have posted a link for directions below:

http://www.shoptheirvinecompany.com/mapque...pmain.asp?id=40

It usually has a great turnout of beautiful cars. I was planning to head out there from LA this Saturday, the 28th of January. I am going to take my 1979 S2 and may caravan out there with some guys (USAndretti42, perhaps slade?). I have been trying to talk some of the Elise/Exige guys into it too but I am not sure if anyone is game for it. If you have a login on Ferrarichat.com, here is a thread that shows how last weekend was:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90721

Pretty impressive. If any of you guys want to come out this weekend, I will be there for sure. I am thinking bout leaving LA at 5/530am to make it there in time to get a spot. If anyone would like to meet along the way or drive out there with me, then just let me know. I would love to get a big turnout of Lotus cars there one day. Stand out amongst the other exotics... Send me an email if you would like to meet up. I sent this message to Club Lotus LA so we will see how it turns out...

Shah

1979 Esprit S2. Long Beach, CA

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to show up... maybe I'll even get there early enough to see if the bouncer lets my car in :mellow: I need some sort of thing to raise/drastically lower my self esteem lately. Either way.

Wish I could see the pics on Ferrarichat, but I'm too lazy to register.

When I was there for Waynestock, there was a 250GTO that might have even been real... silver.

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Odds are good I won't be there Saturday (playing tour guide to out-of-town family) - have fun and try to get Teigan to show up :mellow:

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Odds are good I won't be there Saturday (playing tour guide to out-of-town family) - have fun and try to get Teigan to show up :mellow:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha. I PMed him but no reply.

Slade,

if you come early enough to get in, I will try to save a space next to me. We could even meet before if you would like. Just let me know...

Shah

I'll let you know Shah :mellow: I'll PM you my number.

Anyways, how many cars (total, esprit or otherwise) can we expect there, this being not the second sunday of the month, which I was told is the traditional time. Will there be a crowd?

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

I'll let you know Shah :mellow: I'll PM you my number.

Anyways, how many cars (total, esprit or otherwise) can we expect there, this being not the second sunday of the month, which I was told is the traditional time. Will there be a crowd?

slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that you are thinking bout the EuroSunday. This is a different event. This one happens every saturday. I have never been to it so im not sure how many cars come but i know there is usually nice stuff there. I guess a few weeks back someone brought an Ariel Atom. There is usually quite a few people there as I hear. I dont think the Lotus turnout is that strong though. Probably mostly Elises and maybe an Exige. Found another website that maybe you could get some info about (mostly ferrari pics though, blah)...

http://crystalcovecarshow.blogspot.com

...man i am really bored at work right now...

Shah

<wipes screen after following that link!> :D

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

I think Slade is referring to the Southcoast Lotus Club who meet the second Saturday of the month at Crystal Cove - check out www.southcoastlotus.com

I think that you are thinking bout the EuroSunday. This is a different event. This one happens every saturday. I have never been to it so im not sure how many cars come but i know there is usually nice stuff there. I guess a few weeks back someone brought an Ariel Atom. There is usually quite a few people there as I hear. I dont think the Lotus turnout is that strong though. Probably mostly Elises and maybe an Exige. Found another website that maybe you could get some info about (mostly ferrari pics though, blah)...

http://crystalcovecarshow.blogspot.com

...man i am really bored at work right now...

Shah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shah, maybe you and the chaps can meet up at Ti*g*ns place, Im sure he wouldnt mind :)  :)

Im sure he will give you a warm welcome :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hahaha. :D

I was unaware of the South Coast meet. Has anyone ever made it out to this?

I heard from some Elise/Exige guys and I think that a good amount of them plan to make it out this Saturday. It should be cool. They mentioned trying to get a Lotus section but I guess we will see how it turns out.

If any of you wanna see more pictures of all the cars there, I suggest getting a login for that ferrari chat link i posted and browsing the Southern California section. Pretty rediculous that all those cars head out every saturday. And you would think that it slows down when there is a chance of rain but it doesnt appear to. If only I lived closer...

Shah

Probably gonna be pretty packed at CC tomorrow....

Article in OC Register today...

"Friday, January 27, 2006

Super cars star at weekly gathering

Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Bentleys converge on Newport Beach mall every Saturday morning, scrambling for parking spaces without a valet in sight. While many come to be seen, others just look at one of the world's most extravagant impromptu car shows.

By JOHN GITTELSOHN

The Orange County Register

The line resembled one of those nightclubs where a bouncer raises the velvet rope for only the most glamorous guests.

But instead of beautiful people, Saturday's pre-7 a.m. lineup at Crystal Cove Promenade looked like this: Ferrari, Ferrari, Ferrari, Maserati; Viper, Fisker Latigo, Fisker Tramonte; Porsche Carrera GT, Datsun 240Z, Mustang GT 350, Lamborghini Gallardo, Aston Martin DB9.

"There's nothing like Crystal Cove

Had a great meetup with Shah, a great guy :) Great day for a drive to the beach

Shah's car was lookin real good. And sounds better than I thought a 4 pot Esprit ever could, might have to get some headers myself, though the turbo might muffle that effect :( My forgotten digital camera is unlamented as Shah took plenty of pictures that he said he'll post :( My car however wasn't looking its best, being embarassingly caked in mud and dirt, I found no time for a wash this week unfortunately and I tucked my car back in the boondocks where no one could see :)

Plenty of trophy wives (and prospective ex-trophy wives).

Maybe next time we can gather Paul and Trevor... And Teigan! :P The Esprit count for today stood at four, mine and Shah's cars, a yellow S4 and a black v8.

slade

slade

Yeah the meet was great. It was good to finally meet slade. Hes a great guy. Very cool car too. I have a bunch of pics and Im uploading them to the computer right now. I can post them as soon as I can find some place online to place them all. Any help anyone??

There were a lot of people, probably due to that article in the paper yesterday and a lot of nice cars. Some neat cars to note were the 65 GT40, Shelby Mustang GT500, V8 esprit (which was for sale), esprit s4, Ford RS200, Vector, F40, race E-type, Nash replica, Corvette Grand Sport and a lot more. I met one of the Elise guys there who came down from Malibu, a little farther than I came. It was unfortunate that we could not have more guys out there.

I also seemed to have some car trouble on the way back and had to change the rotor in my distributor. The upgraded ignitition sometimes causes an arc that fries the rotor. Oh well, it has happened to me so often I can usually make the swap in under ten minutes. :)

Thanks for the compliments slade. :) Hopefully next time we can head in together and park next to eachother (if both cars are clean enough :P ). Unfortunately I parked right next to a '48 VW Beetle that gathered quite a crowd. So much in fact that it tended to block my tiny esprit. Maybe next time we can get a Lotus section going. So we should do it when everyone has a free weekend. I am always down to go...

Shah

for hosting I use photobucket.com :) you'll have to create an account.

Seriously, what was up with that bug? :) Looking forward to next time. There didn't seem to be a Lotus section... al 100 of the Elises were evenly spread like butter :P

Hopefully someone has a cure for your rotor problem by then too.

Slade

DSC02972.jpg

DSC02968.jpg

DSC02978.jpg

DSC02981.jpg

DSC02963.jpg

There were a bunch of Lambos and other Ferraris there as well but I got kinda tired of taken pics after a while. Plus, there were way too many people there.

Here are some pics of slade's beautiful car...

DSC02909.jpg

DSC02908.jpg

DSC02910.jpg

... and some random pics of my car...

DSC02993.jpg

DSC02999.jpg

DSC03004.jpg

DSC03001.jpg

DSC03060.jpg

DSC03059.jpg

And here she is on her first time at a real gas station and not being filled up by a gas can. hahaha. I'm lame... :)

DSC03014.jpg

...and one of my ugly grin...

DSC03045.jpg

I updated more pics in my "garage" profile...

It was pretty fun. Pretty crazy that this happens every Saturday morning. They have a similar meet out towards San Diego as well. I love being Californian! :) Let me know when you would like to go again...

Shah

Good work Men! , love the photos :( :( :P

Now Im even more pissed at arriving in California too late to attend a couple of weeks ago :)

Where else would you see an F40 parked next to a VW Thing? :(

Love the eclectic mix of cars you get at this gathering. B)

Dont get parking all the Lotuses together, spread em out its more fun that way :(

Slade , your car dont look that dirty to me, you becoming a neatnick or something :P:P

Do the other forum members realise this all happens between 7.00/9.00 in the morning! :)

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Sorry I couldn't make it today guys, looks like you had great time - let's plan on getting together at CC in the next few weeks!

Paul

Slade , your car dont look that dirty to me, you becoming a neatnick or something :P  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know, to tell you the truth the minute I saw those pictures I figured Shah must have done some serious editting to them and I'm still not putting that behind him :P I guess when your car is covered in a completely uniform cover of mud it looks decent from a certain distance. :) Thanks for the edit if that was the case... but now I just look like a liar! :(

A lot of good pics!

You know, based on the name I really expected Shah to be middle eastern (specifically I was hoping he was the deposed leader of Iran). :( Then again most of you who have met me probably didn't expect me to be a deformed hunchback either, but I must disappoint in that respect.

And how is it that people always guess that Slade isn't my real name? Is it just too good to be true? :(

slade

Edited by slade

You know, to tell you the truth the minute I saw those pictures I figured Shah must have done some serious editting to them and I'm still not putting that behind him :( I guess when your car is covered in a completely uniform cover of mud it looks decent from a certain distance. :) Thanks for the edit if that was the case... but now I just look like a liar! :P

A lot of good pics!

You know, based on the name I really expected Shah to be middle eastern (specifically I was hoping he was the deposed leader of Iran). :( Then again most of you who have met me probably didn't expect me to be a deformed hunchback either, but I must disappoint in that respect.

And how is it that people always guess that Slade isn't my real name? Is it just too good to be true? :)

slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha thanks. yeah i think that the craziest part is that this only happens for two hours in the morning. Plus, i missed out on a lot of impressive cars. I kinda just took pics of the ones that stood out. I actually didnt do any editing. slade could have definately parked his car right next to mine! :( maybe i would have gotten a little attention away from that bug next to me.

Also, from your comment before, I am part middle eastern (hense the name), but i am actually a mut of sorts so it becomes a crapshoot on which ethnicity i choose to represent...

Hopefully in the next few weeks we can plan a real meet and maybe link it with that Lotus meet that slade mentioned from before. I got some more pics so i will try to post them when i get the chance...

Shah