Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Remote Starting - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Remote Starting

Evil_Dr_Fish

Seeing Simon's lovely, shiny new start button reminded me that I am considering adding remote starting to a mod I'm already in the process of doing!

The extra work will be fairly minimal, I'm just not sure there's actually any point?!

Thoughts anyone?

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P :P ;)

....someone poke out my minds eye!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

How about it looks good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

err the mind's eye - "out poking" was at the suggestion of 'me and Karl' :P

Edited by evil_dr_fish

Oh yes... and Simon - look the nuts! I had considered such a thing right from the get- go but what with the crash and all that, never got around to it.... So now the remote starting option has popped up instead.....

Hahaha!

I had the idea of putting a 'copy' of the electric window switches in the boot, wired to the permanent live... Being a pre '87 car, I have key entry to there so it could be a good failsafe...

Hahaha!

I had the idea of putting a 'copy' of the electric window switches in the boot, wired to the permanent live... Being a pre '87 car, I have key entry to there so it could be a good failsafe...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What if the battery is flat :P

Or you lose the key :P

Or there is a fence? :P

Dogs? ;)

Have your considered this properly? :)

Guest Troy Halliday

I wanted the remote start feature for my S3 until I realised that starting on carbs is somewhat of a nack.

So I am looking into a Throttlebody fuel injection upgrade. I have spoken to Jenvey who were very helpful and have put me in contact with Omex for the electrical side of things.

Andy Hills has been very helpful and has sent me a copy of his build instructions for the fuel injection he put on his S3. He has used Throttle bodies of a later esprit and has used the Megasquirt DIY injection system for the electronics side of things. Reading through his emails has been very helpfull and am now convinced it is the way to go. Just not sure about the Megasquirt but I'll have a better chat with him about that.

I can blame all this on my friend Tom who owns a V8 Esprit. Last time I was round there he had had it fitted. It also has a turbo timer on it so that the engine can cool down when you stop. Oh and it looks damn flash :P

As to the keyless entry system why dont you fit some covered battery terminal under the rear section, that way you could always use jump cables to give the battery a kick to open the doors.

Troy

We're ok - pre '87 cars have external boot locks :P Dead battery? It's in the boot... I wasn't going anywhere until I got a jump start anywyay and the moment I do the system will work again.....

Guest Troy Halliday

I don't have external boot locks, I' ve got a flimsey pull cord in the driver door shut :P

The thing makes me so nerves that I have pushed the locks over so the boot won't lock shut while I work on it!

I don't have external boot locks, I' ve got a flimsey pull cord in the driver door shut :P

The thing makes me so nerves that I have pushed the locks over so the boot won't lock shut while I work on it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Blimey!

How small are you? :P