Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Pro Alloy Fuel Tank - 2-Eleven Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Pro Alloy Fuel Tank

cphbc

Looking to purchase a Pro alloy fuel tank 2-11 Pro Alloy Fuel tank to cure the 2-11 starvation issues.

Has anyone had experience with this tank ?

Looks to be the goods , but first hand knowledge appreciated .

Also , any pearls of wisdom , with regards to fuel tank removal would be helpful.

Have never removed a tank , so it will be all new !!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I fitted one of there tanks at the end of last season, I can't comment on the starvation as the only race I did was the wet endurance race at Brands.

I also got one of there 3 way radiators, as I'm about to fit the lamnova oil coolers.

There goods are top quality, thats why i'm happy to put there name on my car.

Wayne at Proalloy will be happy to help you with any questions.

Scotty

http://www.snappyracers.com/album/141109Brands/slides/CF2_9D1U0002%20(418).html

Here for a good time, not a long time

Barry

I've had the Pro Alloy tank for about a year - not bullet proof but miles better than the factory tank with regard to starvation issues. I'm running Yokohama slicks and have occasionally experienced fuel cut out below one third of a tank at turn 2 at Laguna Seca - a left-hand downhill entry hairpin where you pull some significant G's. Tank install was a bit finicky and handled by my mechanic, Eric Gauthier, from Suspension Performance (eric@suspensionperformance.com) who I'm sure would be happy to help with any specific questions you might have.

Btw - I'm a fellow Kiwi (though have lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for the past 20+ yrs). Enjoy the car!

Mark

Hi mark

Went ahead and ordered the tank, needed to procure asap .

Car suffers starvation at the 3/4 full mark at the local track - Ruapuna - so is basically not drivable.

Thanks for the contact , looks reasonably straightforward but will email just to make sure there are no hidden traps.

Love that word " finicky" have not heard it for years

Nice to know you still consider yourself a kiwi ..... even after 20 years ..... its not a bad wee country.

Just expensive to buy goods from Europe /USA with the exchange rate !!!!!

I had the same 'undriveable' experience with the stock tank, even on Yoko A048's - car would starve then spin in high G left handers unless the tank was completely full. Pretty scary as all my local tracks have such corners, some (Infineon, Laguna) with unforgiving walls nearby. Pro Alloy tank seems to have solved this. Good luck with it.