Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What does a convertible Esprit St Tropez looks like under the bonnet? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What does a convertible Esprit St Tropez looks like under the bonnet?

Wayne has asked in a chat section thread for pictures of the rear bonnet open and engine bay view.

I decided to shoot a few detail photos of that area and unveil it to the curious folks after a short intro about the car.

Here the thread link where the design was discussed based on some pictures taken by a photographer who is more familiar with softer feminine curves:

What does a St Tropez look like (through the eyes of a well-meaning photographer)?

post-3590-126358542495_thumb.jpg

The added picture is by courtesy of Wolfgang Bernglau, shot during a hill climbing challenge for Lotus cars and friends in the Alps.

For more pictures of the car have a look in the Garage section, the convertible has been added recently there, search with

post-3590-12635858076_thumb.jpg

post-3590-126358588919_thumb.jpg

post-3590-12635859077_thumb.jpg

post-3590-126358595021_thumb.jpg

post-3590-126358597568_thumb.jpg

post-3590-126358603113_thumb.jpg

post-3590-126358605041_thumb.jpg

post-3590-12635860898_thumb.jpg

post-3590-126358614735_thumb.jpg

post-3590-126358616894_thumb.jpg

post-3590-126358623624_thumb.jpg

post-3590-126358627711_thumb.jpg

post-3590-126358630389_thumb.jpg

post-3590-126358641727_thumb.jpg

Website with information and pictures PBB St Tropez convertible Esprit:

http://www.lotusespritconvertible.de/

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rolf

The car is in fantastic condition. Its good to see how it has all been made. Its a shame the company is no longer in existance as im sure by now they would ave also improved the design even further.

I knew I had a couple of pics somewhere, I've had to do some serious rummaging in my 'filing' cabinet to find them - they're actual photos, pre-digital pictures! These two are of the yellow V8 St Tropez and are from when I went to visit Mark Irwin (Esprit Developments followed on from PBB) back in 1992/3:

IMG.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

Every time I land at London City Airport and sloth over to the thai place by our hotel by the convention center, I see this cabbed Esprit S3, really early kittet too, judging by the body work, like 81-83! I thought it was a special, special model until I read up on it. I still love walking past the car parked next to this disco boat, petting it, telling it she is ok!! LOL But to be honest I find them very... Well fugly... Why convert less then 100cm of roof into a convertible, and to do that to the back??:)

Yet that metallic blue convertible Esprit is my friend, it really haunted me to get my own and do it "myyyyyyyyyyyyyy wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaay" and no, no disco boat or metallic blue cab... Neither Bond nor I would have gotten into crevices with that car...

[/agent for the queen]

/Rash

Rash

You say there is one in London near City Airport? Do you have the location details. Would love to go see it as i frequently run people to city airport for my business

@ GKP

Thanks for the pics of the Rover V8 conversion. Looks like a tight fit under the bonnet of this 1980 S2.

I reckon Mark Irwin had taken over the moulds from PBB after his yellow one was finished as the third St Tropez in 1992

and finalized the other existing three examples.

@ Rash and Wayne

Interresting info about the second blue St Tropez. It was mentioned in the spotted section that it had been seen in the northern London area.

Have you taken any pics of that car, the ones on LEW are a in a bad quality.

Would be great if you add it to the thread, or Wayne you jump in if Rash gives you the location?

@ Anyone

If you have taken pics of other St Tropez you are welcome to add it to this thread

Website with information and pictures PBB St Tropez convertible Esprit:

http://www.lotusespritconvertible.de/

If Rash is able to explain where then i will be up there straight away!! Will take lots of pictures and of course try to buy it as well!!

Could it be this one. Unfortunatelly you cant google earth this road as it joins to Downing street. It is however close to the disco boat and also the convention centre. May have a little drive latter for a nose.

espcon.jpg

Red one on left possibly? Could be a wild guess but who knows. It looks right.