Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Traction control - Page 2 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Traction control

The new exige and elise models come with an almost identical system.  Hardware might be a little different but operation is exactly the same.  Detect slip via wheel speed sensors, cut spark, make cool popping noises.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A number of manufacturers have used Racelogic units as mules to develop their own.. I think Racelogic may even supply some under license.

Racelogic also #1 on the drag scene

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get yourself grouped together - decide who'll run the group and agree payments to be sent in advance.

I wont say how much I got discounted as it would make you cry.. Mike wont repeat that offer in a hurry...

Line up:

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Ok guys Im not sure about this but here is the suggestion make your comments on it as you will.

I run an engineering company Baker Engineering Ltd

We could probably do somthing with regard to group purchase through my company to obtain a better discount like trade on the purchases.

let me know your thoughts

regards rob

I'm definatly in for one of these systems. I will fit the thing myself as well, just as long as there are basic instructions and not a load of black wires :)

If anyone gets a group on the go, feel free to add me in.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

I'm fairly adept at the mechanical stuff and am employed as an electronics / electrical maintenance Engineer (maintain Post Office sorting machinery) so the ecu/electrical stuff wouldn't bother me.

Nigel

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Nigel where abouts do you work?? Which Mail Centre??

Looks like theres a few of us RME boys in here! Atleast 3 including your good self!

Anyways, back on topic, I'm interested, 1st I'd like to know how much the whole lot is gonna cost as I'm gonna need wheel sensors and a spark cut unit!

Simon

Chunky Lover

Hi Nigel where abouts do you work?? Which Mail Centre??

Looks like theres a few of us RME boys in here! Atleast 3 including your good self!

Anyways, back on topic, I'm interested, 1st I'd like to know how much the whole lot is gonna cost as I'm gonna need wheel sensors and a spark cut unit!

Simon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Simon

Edinburgh Mail Centre.(sorry off topic)

Nigel

Edited by Nigel

This what I mean buy do it through my company!

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Traction_...ler_Application

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds OK Robert , but would you not be required to fit them ?

Oscilloscopes are dead cheap on ebay if you don't have one already . they'll use that to check there are no missing/inconsistent pulses coming from the ABS or wheel sensors.

You can also buy cheap 'scopes that you can plug into your laptop via parallel or USB ports.

The racelogic site is not specific in the amount of discount it offers for trade.

Alternatively I/we/someone could ask racelogic for definite retail price discounts on "group buy" purchases.

If we have hard discount figures and prices then people will start coming in.

We could also tout other forums for names if required i.e. Lotus Elise/Exige.

As far as I can tell Jon managed to negotiate a 40% discount for his BMW buddies see here :

http://tinyurl.com/8eetu

We want to watch we don't end up with a special "Lotus price".

Just a few thoughts.......

Nigel

Yes - went very well..

No other group got that deal prior or afterwards.. was a bit of coup on my part.. but I know Racelogic will entertain discounts for groups of 5 or more kits and this will get better if 10 or more.. etc etc.

As you can see you could get a bit more off by adding modules. Racelogic can supply wheel sensors so the increased base cost will help the discount also.

I may want a V-box which we can throw into the pot..

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Jon

Would it be worth you calling your contacts that you delt with last time and find out if they would be willing to do the same again for us??

By the sounds of it there will be more than 10 here willing to part with the cash, especially at that price!

Go on work you magic!! B)

Chunky Lover

I want one.

I'm stuck in Spain trying to get the car sent back to the uk to get repaired. If someone was willing to do the ringing around then I'll be up for a group buy, if not then I'll get one on my own. Up to my eyes in it at the mo, otherwise I would be over there helping to organise it , sorry if this seems a little cheeky.

Stu

Driving Automotive Aristocracy Since 2004

Ok guys - first you need to get a list of everyone and be sure of numbers.. then someone needs to agree to organise and collect payments.. I'll then speak with Mike - canvass prices and then the organiser can take over.. how does that sound? I used to do group buys but found them a royal hassle so stopped in the end.. but I'm happy ot make the first contact.

The more organised you are the better - it's then easier for Racelogic as it's just a case of shifting units for them with reduced paperwork but they will post to individual addresses.. also organise yourselves into who can install themselves and who can't and arrange some support for each other - this worked well for zroadster or you're looking at a day labour's rate to add on. If you use traders then use someone who has installed before.

So first I need definite numbers, no 50/50s but just those who are 100%. I'll then seewhat price can be done. I also need to knwo what you guys need - i.e. basic kit, + wheel sensors + additonal modules etc.

I would ask Kato if you can do it under the auspices of LEW - allowing a small % to go towards LEW funds. Racelogic will accept only 1 cheque at the end of the day.

I'll also find out if they have done any Esprits - if they have then they may have the code on file to build off the shelf kits.. less hassle once installed.

Also V8 kits will likely cost more than 4 banger kits tho you can hook V8s up with only 4 injectors but really the more injectors the software can control then the more sensitive the end result.

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

I'm interested here as well, but, as I'm in Switzerland, I guess self-fit kit would be the only option :)

... then it really depends on how easy it is to fit. I have no problem with car electronics in general (fitted my DVD player, navigation, iPod interface etc.), but I would draw a line at hacking into the wiring loom where it joins the ECU or ABS!

However, IF Racelogic were to offer a kit where the wiring came as a kind of T-piece - one end plugs into the ECU INSTEAD of the standard loom, the standard loom plugs into the Racelogic connector, and the whole T plugs into the Racelogic controller.... now, that would be a doddle to fit, no hacking with wires, & I would buy one straight out!.... A possibility maybe???

... the rest would be simple - install the control unit in the cockpit, program the controller with a laptop, and perhaps another T-piece for the ABS.

I can't imagine that such a kit would be difficult for Racelogic to make! (at a cost of course)

Rob S

I'm interested here as well, but, as I'm in Switzerland, I guess self-fit kit would be the only option  :) ... then it really depends on how easy it is to fit. I have no problem with car electronics in general (fitted my DVD player, navigation, iPod interface etc.), but I would draw a line at hacking into the wiring loom where it joins the ECU or ABS!  However, IF Racelogic were to offer a kit where the wiring came as a kind of T-piece - one end plugs into the ECU INSTEAD of the standard loom, the standard loom plugs into the Racelogic connector, and the whole T plugs into the Racelogic controller.... now, that would be a doddle to fit, no hacking with wires, & I would buy one straight out!.... A possibility maybe???

... the rest would be simple - install the control unit in the cockpit, program the controller with a laptop, and perhaps another T-piece for the ABS.  I can't imagine that such a kit would be difficult for Racelogic to make! (at a cost of course)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They do supply connector packs but there's still some hacking to be done and really it would be easier for you to pay a skilled auto electrician to do the install than ask Racelogic try to make custom parts .. I can fwd you Mike's email and you can discus it with him. :)

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

The more organised you are the better - it's then easier for Racelogic as it's just a case of shifting units for them with reduced paperwork but they will post to individual addresses.. also organise yourselves into who can install themselves and who can't and arrange some support for each other - this worked well for zroadster or you're looking at a day labour's rate to add on. If you use traders then use someone who has installed before.

So first I need definite numbers, no 50/50s but just those who are 100%. I'll then seewhat price can be done. I also need to knwo what you guys need - i.e. basic kit, + wheel sensors + additonal modules etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So everyone knows what they are committing themselves to would it be possible to have a pricing format like this

http://tinyurl.com/az4cj

How about having the end of March as a target for getting all the names in?

Nigel

Do I understand right that the spark cut interface and wheel sensor module could be added to a mechanical Bosch fuel injected g-car turbo ? 900 GBP retail aint cheap but with a discount could make sense

Do I understand right that the spark cut interface and wheel sensor module could be added to a mechanical Bosch fuel injected g-car turbo ?  900 GBP retail aint cheap but with a discount could make sense

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi mate yes that is right you could in theory fit to any model esprit with any engine configuration providing you have the correct system additions but with all expensive additions a confirmation call to racelogic would be wise.

regards rob

Can you give us an example of the info you need ?

If it helps I am a qualified to install electronics into vehicles (do it for my work) I can do a few guides on how to splice and join wires if it'd help...all you need is a decent set of cutters (pref ones with a diameter blade), soldering iron, heat shrink tube and a heat gun to do a good job, the rest is in the technique.

If I ever get my digital camera back from the insurance company I can take photos too.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

I've had a look through the racelogic manual and the only difficulty I could see was how the racelogic controller would deal with the secondary injectors.

In any case , if anyone (Jon) is keeping count put me down for :

RLTC6AW Adjustable Traction Control (Max 12 Cyl) (TCWSSSET required)

Edited by Nigel

LEW's Esprit might be up for it! Depending on what price we can get. Would be interested in the top of the line with the digital adjuster.

Would make a great addition to LEW modification page. So maybe that could be used when talking to Racelogic. We could get Jonathan to do a install guide. We could also add it to the E-Shop with a direct link to Racelogic.

That must be worth a good discount. Would need at least 5% of future orders for ClubLEW members to do this!

What do you think?

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>