Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Traction control - Page 3 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Traction control

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmmm hactually I think I need this one:

RLTC8DIA

Adjustable Traction Control (8 Cyl) + Launch Control + Data Logging ABS + Digital Adjuster

For the data logger

Still only

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

LEW's Esprit might be up for it! Depending on what price we can get. Would be interested in the top of the line with the digital adjuster.

Would make a great addition to LEW modification page. So maybe that could be used when talking to Racelogic. We could get Jonathan to do a install guide. We could also add it to the E-Shop with a direct link to Racelogic.

That must be worth a good discount. Would need at least 5% of future orders for ClubLEW members to do this!

What do you think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be a good approach Kato - let me start with that, try and secure some sort of dela then put Mike in touch with you to then take forward.. B)

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

[tip] Always position the adjuster so it can be easily reached while on the move so you can switch between different settings according to different driving conditions/uses.

More expensive display fully illuminated for night driving - basis is not.

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Hmm I'm thinking most of the time you'd have it on mild slip so you can appreciate the back end limit but not get into trouble ? correct ?

In which case I can't really see the use of a gichi night viewable wotsit that realy sounds like more of a gimik than much use.

Guys...count me in for

RLTC8DIA Adjustable Traction Control (8 Cyl) + Launch Control + Data Logging ABS + Digital Adjuster (850 ex VAT)

By the way, where would be the best place to put the digital adjuster?? Could find any dimensions for it either.

Do you need these ?  Doesn't it use the ABS sensor ?

Jay - as for the adjuster, I'm currently tempted to put it on a flexible lead and stow it in a pouch somewhere hidden and where it wont get damaged.  I have my portable MP3 player like that at the moment and it's fine.

Other areas that spring to mind are either side of the steering column (ugly and hard to reverse the fit) underneath other one of the the banks of switches (pre '98  models only).

I seriously wonder how much you will want to look at this once it is fitted, once it's set you'll just wanna drive.

Back to Bob - you better be taking the car to Donny  :lol: So I can have a propper look at this...(if you don't mind like).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm with you on this the abs sensors will be used in my opinion i'm no expert though so covering my bases and yes the car will be at donnington wqit the system fitted and we will find a nice twisty bit sowhere to try it out me thinks.

regards bob

Hi Guys Have spoken today with Mike Broadbent of Race logic regards multiple purchases he sent me an e-mail with dealer rates he is going to post here so watch this space also gave him Kato's details so he can get in touch direct looks like this is a good start for us.

regards rob

Hi Chaps

Mike Broadbent from Racelogic here. I've had a good chat with Rob, and I know Jon well from the group buy he organised for the Z Register last year.

RLTC works very nicely on an Esprit, and you should find that it positively enhances the way you can drive it. The system was designed to be a performance benefit first and foremost, and the safety aspects are a happy bi-product.

There are a LOT of performance cars running around with the system fitted. Many of the RWD Japanese drivers have it fitted (Supras, Silvias, 300zx's, Skyline GTS's etc), and we are now making good inroads into the US market for loony-tunes Dodge Vipers.

Please feel free to ask me any questions. However to begin with I need to ask one: the supplementary injectors on the V8's - can somebody tell me exactly how these work, where they're situated, and the proportion of fuel they deliver? Thanks.

Please feel free to ask me any questions. However to begin with I need to ask one: the supplementary injectors on the V8's - can somebody tell me exactly how these work, where they're situated, and the proportion of fuel they deliver? Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd second all the above. fyi - there are also 2 additional injectors on the later 4 cyl cars.. situated ahead of the plenum for overboosting.. so cars still run 4 injectors in normal operation.

Nice to catch up again Mike.

B)

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Hi Mike nice to see you in here.

No questions for yourself from me.

Your site has told me all I need to know and as its a carb'd Turbo I dont have the worries about the secondary injectors. Just a simple spark cut for me and some wheel sensors!

Oh and could be tempted with the digital controller although I'm not 100% sure whether I really need it or just want it cause it looks pretty.

Gonna be using the system more for a security point of view, protecting my investment, rather than to mazimise performance.

Nice to meet you once again

Cheers

Simon

Chunky Lover

Hi Mike nice to see you in here.

No questions for yourself from me.

Your site has told me all I need to know and as its a carb'd Turbo I dont have the worries about the secondary injectors. Just a simple spark cut for me and some wheel sensors!

Oh and could be tempted with the digital controller although I'm not 100% sure whether I really need it or just want it cause it looks pretty.

Gonna be using the system more for a security point of view, protecting my investment, rather than to mazimise performance.

Nice to meet you once again

Cheers

Simon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi mate

The Digi Adjuster can be used for quite a lot of stuff. If you ever take your car to the track and fit different wheels you can use it to reconfigure the system correctly without having to use a laptop. It's also useful from a diagnostic point of view as it will display things like RPM and wheel speeds.

It must be said that RLTC can potentially end up saving you money as the chance of going backwards into a hedge is significantly reduced :D It is worth remembering, however, that it is a 'power-on only' system - if you go barrelling into a corner too fast our product cannot alter the laws of physics. But you will be able to stamp on the throttle as you exit a greasy roundabout without the car swapping ends - this is my favourite pastime :lol:

Thanks for the input Mike.

So is this all going through Kato now ? Thanks to the chaps for starting this off as well btw and your time spent on the phone gathering info.

Mike - if you haven't spoke to Kato yet I would suggest just piecing together a set of packages for the 3 main car types which I guess would be :

V8

4 Cylinder injection (with and without ABS)

4 Cylinder carb

I might be worth putting a basic, medium and full kit together - personally I'd go for the full whack, but others might not want to.

Other main concern is the adjustable controller - what are the approximate dimensions for the unit - The Esprit is a bit lacking in space to fit this propperly, could it be mounted on a flying lead as opposed to fitting it to the dash and hard wiring ? (ie is it in a sealed case)

Finally the other main concern is taking the wires from the back where the ECU is to the front of the car. That can be a really really hard job, not sure how the loom goes to get to the front of the car from the ECU but I can check - the handbrake cable / mechanism is my concern here.

Hi Jon and all, My system sits on top of the ECU so most of the wiring is local to the ECU. The wires that run forward to the adjuster and the ABS runs under the carpet and under the trim down the centre of the car.

The other option is to run over the top under the trim along the side of the roof then down the trim at the side of the windscreen. Recently done some work on my car and ran the wires this way, I had it easy as the car has a roll bar and the inertia reels are no longer there. So I ran the wires from the engine compartment through the hole for the belt then behind the rear window surround trim piece. Seemed easy and neat result.

Gav

Hi All, I have a six channel system on my V8, only the basic system I think. I would like to change for an 8 so all injectors can be cut. I'll be interested in the setup Mike recommends for the V8 esprit.

But would anybody be interested in buying the 6 ch unit from me so I can take advantage of the special prices?

Cheers

Gav

Mike - as a few of us do track work - can you also set up a sepearet thread for your V-Box datalogger.. maybe a deal there too...

I'll call you to discuss prices etc this week and hand over to Rob and Kato.

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Hi,

As previously stated, I am interested in traction control. Final decision is driven in part by price. I have a V8-GT with ABS.

I am less sure what to go for?

1. RLTC6A Adjustable Traction Control (Max 12 Cyl) ABS

2. RLTC8DIA Adjustable Traction Control (8 Cyl) + Launch Control + Data Logging ABS + Digital Adjuster

Does the less exspensive system still work on all 8 cyl? And is it's basic function the same (all be it without full adjustment and set up facilities)?

Don't think Launch Control or Data Logging offer much to me.

Jim

Launch is great fun, although not too kind to clutches and 'boxes if it's done a lot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried a 0-60 run in my Griffith 500 the other day ... that car NEEDS launch control!

How much is a second wiring loom? Could I swap the unit between cars, just leaving a controller in each car? Is the car still driveable with the main traction control module removed? Or (as I expect) would I need some kind of loopback cables to ensure the injectors are still triggered since the drive lines must loop through the module?

Just thinking out loud - I can't justify buying two units - the TVR needs it more, but I'm used to treating it with kid gloves. I've never been out of shape in the Esprit but maybe I'm not trying hard enough ;-)

Hi all the group buy prices are listed in the group buyer list thread please feel free to see how much your going to be able to save with this.

I have also been busy persuing avenues for fitment will keep you posted on delevopments when they happen

regards rob