Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Red v8 - A8 heading into Maybury Interchange - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Red v8 - A8 heading into Maybury Interchange

M Blur

Not sure if anyone on here - but was passed this morning by a rather lovely looking red v8 (Toyota rear) on the A8 in Edinburgh @ Gogar - didn't catch number plate but was running big wheels - I peaked my cap at him, he gave the car a wee rev and then he was gone - guy looked happy someone had given the car it's due recognition - he looked as if he might like German nu-age rock or perhaps some old school metal...

I was the gent in the long coat, brown cap and glasses walking along the road side to the bus stop. Having just collected John H's 4 banger racer yesterday it was great to then see an Esprit for the first time in months..

A very sweet V8 indeed... very clean.

B)

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you get an answer Mr Blur - I've had my Esprit V8 (Titanium) 4 months now and have yet to see another Esprit, of any type/vintage on any of my travels (over 4k miles) anywhere in the UK, never mind Scotland where I live. In fact I was round that very roundabout weekend before last. I know its a rare beast but come on.....

As for the description of the driver, that could definately have been me as well - Tangerine Dream and Pink Floyd anyone? B)

Hope you get an answer Mr Blur - I've had my Esprit V8 (Titanium) 4 months now and have yet to see another Esprit, of any type/vintage on any of my travels (over 4k miles) anywhere in the UK, never mind Scotland where I live. In fact I was round that very roundabout weekend before last. I know its a rare beast but come on.....

As for the description of the driver, that could definately have been me as well - Tangerine Dream and Pink Floyd anyone? B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wish you were here m8... :D

one of these days... :D

Have to say they're crazy rare in Scotland and I have seen way more Lambos and Fezzas over the last few years - in Edinburgh centre I used to see a few - GT3, S4S etc etc.. I've seen 2 Esprits in the last 4 years.. :lol:

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Have to say John H's 4cyl does look like a whole heap of fun/trouble!

Hope it brings you hours of endless pant wetting excitement!

DB :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers Daniel,

Wait till I get her up to 400 bhp p/tonne next winter... :lol:

Just finished wrapping her and giving her a quick service - all in fine fettle..

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Not me in the red V8, but I do kick around Edinburgh and surrounds in a silver V8-GT. I see another silver V8 about quite a bit too.

You will spot my car by the non-standard wing mirrors; other than that car is standard. Well, almost.

Used to have a yellow GT-3 (no stickers but a coach line!) based in Moffat and Edinburgh, which found a new home in Grangemouth back in 2000. This car went south about a year ago.

Try to get upto Knockhill when I can. Look forward to meeting other Esprit owners up here. Especially blue race ones!

Jim.

Hi Jim,

I'm over in Fife, Dalgety Bay to be precise. As I mentioned, almost 5 months into Esprit ownership and I've yet to encounter another one, anywhere. Thats 5k miles including a few forays as far South as Birmingham (for the Autosport show). I'll keep an eye out for you when when I'm South of the river......

BTW, I've used Murray Motors in Edinburgh a few times now and have to say I've been very well looked after and although its main dealer rates, so I expect to pay a bit more, I have been pleasantly surprised on the financial front. Just had them fit new oil coolers and pipework (one of the coolers had split and dumped several liters of oil onto my newly refurbished and sealed drive). I renewed the whole circuit to be on the safe side and they were happy to fit the SJ oil coolers I provided. Saved me several hundred quid. Not an easy job that lot, including new pipes that have to be threaded through the chassis backbone which I know entails removal of the cabin trim over the tunnel to get at the original cable ties. But the charges were very reasonable I thought.

As I work in London at the moment they made sure it was ready early Saturday - today I did the drive up through Perthshire to Gleneagles. The car was perfect, especially with the new tyres in the rain. Brilliant drive.

God, I love this car.