Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Replacing S3 Esprit Turbo HCI spark wires - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Replacing S3 Esprit Turbo HCI spark wires

h00kem

I purchased a new spark plug wire set for my 1986 Esprit Turbo HCi. It is easy enough to get to the spark plug end of the wires but wow, the distributor is really buried up and under the engine. Has anyone replaced the wires on their turbo that might have some tips or tricks to share?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Triple jointed fingers, standard part of the Lotus technician's requirements. And you don't have to wonder why, just look up "NFN".

More seriously, you can gain access better if you remove the larger part of the plenum chamber (don't bother disturbing it where the trumpets are bolted to), and then go at the job from underneath. You can do it without removing that plenum piece, but it just makes it a little less difficult (note, I didn't state it made it easier).

Andy

Without dismantling, best way in is from the back, under the carbs...crawl into the engine compartment, tuck your legs inside with your feet by one ofthe rear lamp clusters, pull the plug leads out one at a time and replace them as you go..then treat foreams for cuts and abrasions!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

English design... we love to hate it.

I knew what I was getting into when I bought this car, I just started working on it and I fully agree with the optionnal joints required all over your body.

We like it that way deep inside otherwise we'd be all driving hyunday's...

And don't forget the remote vision!

Good luck with the wires.

Something I learned about cars or planes, it all works until it doesn't anymore...sometime there is no way around it!

English design... we love to hate it.

I knew what I was getting into when I bought this car, I just started working on it and I fully agree with the optionnal joints required all over your body.

We like it that way deep inside otherwise we'd be all driving hyunday's...

And don't forget the remote vision!

Good luck with the wires.

Thanks. I haven't done it yet. Figured I had better do all my stretching exercised first!