Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Whose is this beautiful car? - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Whose is this beautiful car?

Nifty

Question

Just wondered if anyone could put me in contact with the owner of the car in the picture from the LEW wallpaper section,linked below:

Metallic green Turbo

I was wondering what colour code the paint was.

It looks strikingly like the VAG metallic green of my Caterham 7, perhaps a shade lighter.

I never thought green would suit a G car until I saw this picture and I'm really taken by it.

I'm thinking of respraying my forthcoming project this shade (from the rather weathered calypso red it currently sports).

For a comparison my 7 can be seen here.

Keep off the straight and narrow

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

11 answers to this question

Cheers .. I've just PMed him :(

Many thanks for your comments! I always wanted a red one!

Some stats of the Green Goddess

Lotus British Racing Green

Full Engine/Turbo rebuild at 29K miles. Current miles around 32K One day Kato WILL put the details on!

2 owners inc me

Stored for 10 yrs and thats what I am fighting against

New interior not Tan (Sorry Vince), Charcoal black with BRG piping

New boot carpets

Custom Mats

86 Model on a D plate

New springs

New PNM Exhaust

New battery 2nd in 3 yrs( fitting this weekend)

The first few Yahoo esprit runs I never made due to breakdowns. The most funniest one was when the Wife went in Kato's car and everyone pulled away and mine died. No one knew I was missing from the group, not even the wife till I got some phone signal then the beast magically started!

Still fighting that fault 3 yrs later, got a loose wire somewhere!

Advice. It can still break in the garage. So Drive it!

Curly Jon

Edited by Curly Jon

Guest Troy Halliday
:huh: Jon do you live in Hertfordshire? I keep seeing a BRG Esprit in Waltham Cross and Waltham Abbey but have not yet manage to catch up with the driver. Tried chasing it in my girlfriends town shopper but would you believe it I couldn't catch it

Was this the original colour then Jon ?

Damn, I'm getting jealous now.. would love to join you blatting round the MK roundabouts .. not in an Esprit since I have yet to collect but in the 7.

Unfortunately I have to fix a coolant leak, fit the new ali radiator and get the starter motor off to have it repaired tomorrow.

You'd think working on the engine in a 7 would be easy but I have to jack the engine off it's mounts to get the water rail to clear the upper engine bay chassis diagonal, just to remove it to replace a tuppenny bit gasket :huh::lol:

Enjoy your day Jon and should you ever want to venture up the A428/A11 I'd love to seee the car (I'm only 5 miles from Snetterton).

Nifty.

Guest Troy Halliday

Hi Nifty this is the 7 I built for a friend just before I started my Esprit. I t has a 2L Vauxhal XE lump on throttle boddies, fully lightened and balanced bottom end. It weighs in at a portly 530 Kg wet with driver. Oh and it has 190 bhp and 176 ftib torque. This car will be joining us to quite a few events so you will be seeing it around. I forgot to metion it is also bloody fast :huh:

post-35-1140951000.jpg

Curly,

Email me and I'll send you the owners page data for you to fill in. We'll get your car on the owners pages. Might need a few more pictures as well.

Still waiting for the revised text on the engine rebuild, a long with the pictures!

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>

Kato,

I have a plan. How about you make the stuff I gave you my owners page, then do a link about the engine rebuild to it :angry:) or will that be bad. I still have the CD of the pics that you you need and now I have a land rover too. Shame now that the hand brake sieze and i cant get the beast out of the garage. However ur a bit niffty with some tools! How about you pop round and do my prop shaft, I buy a calender on the cheap and give you the pics. IF you could go topless then the wife could get a treat... We're all winners :blink:)

Curly