Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Europa S Upgrades - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Europa S Upgrades

Hi all

I'm now in a position to test a few cars and am really keen on either a Europa or Exige, with my pref probably sitting with a Europa simply because from what I've read they probabaly offer the best all round performance - I'm only going to do 4-6 track days per year, and want the car as a second car for weekend blasting / a bit of touring.

There are three '06 S models for sale out here - an artic white one with black stripes which has an ECU upgrade and looks stunning in the flesh (6000kms), a standard black one with only 175kms on the clock and looks good (turns out it's never been sold and has been in storage for 3 years!), and a light blue model with ECU, exhaust, 16inch rims and brake upgrade (but I'm not so fussed on the colour).

I'm taking a little time off work to test a few cars in a week or so. My preference at this stage is the artic white one, but I'll also be driving a couple of Exiges to compare. I'm told by a couple of the Europa owners their upgrades make them as fast as an Exige.

My questions are

- If I upgrade the exhaust to a Miltek do I need the "full" exhaust or will the "half kit" also give an hp increase and better sound?

- I assume I can bolt on a miltek even of the ECU has been upgraded already. ie the Miltak won't cause the ECU any problems?

- All three cars have the black/tan interior which is okay, but what could I do to upgrade the interior- it's looks a bit "low rent" - new probax seats? Anything else - can you buy upgrade items for the interior from Lotus?

Cheers

Steve

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve,

I can't comment on the performance upgrades, but in terms of interior upgrades, other than as you say Probax seats I am not sure there any.

That said, I love the tan interior on my Europa - understated but sylish (in my humble opinion!) - but then, I had a Series 1 Elise before, for which the word "minmalist" could have been invented!

What I would like to see (hint hint, manufacturers!) would be more cosmetic tweaks available for the Europa - eg clear lenses for the sidelights/indicators so they match the look not only of the Europa headlights but the rest of the Lotus range, and some kind of rear light unit that would replicate the round tailight look of the rest of the range. Oh, and a nice alloy oil filler cap to replace the hideous yellow plastic one!

• 2 weeks later...

Depends what sort of bits, other than the dash most of it is the same!