Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
tailing by rice cars in here - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

tailing by rice cars in here

everytime I take my car for a drive, I am always being tailing by some EVO cars or the WRX cars...don't know why?

the funny thing is they are not trying to pass me, they just follow me without any logical reason.

and strangely, I have not encountered any Porsche yet whenever I drive my Esprit.. But I see alot of them when I drive my Volvo to work.

Edited by esprithk

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe - I used to have a "join our hoon" sign for the back of the Lotus when we were out and a few cars did join up - wave and generally have fun....had to take it down becuase I got advised it was inciting street racing and I could get fined for it :blink:

Fear not the Subaru / EVO's crowd, a lot of them are hooners who are just out for the fun of driving, thats probably why they're following you - if I wasn't so down with the Lotus thing I'd certainly have one.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

over here the WRX/Evo crowd (mostly Asian kids with rich parents) for some reason drive like slugs... it's the integras. But they don't just follow me. They want to race

Driving normally I can usually keep them from passing while they're revving their balls off... Though I have a habit of driving quick normally :blink:

Also people in raised trucks with mullets like to try to "race"

gets annoying but you get used to it.

slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

most ppl in uk with "nice cars" sti/evo, usually give respect to other cars with power anyway, and most young kids dont own them because of insurance reasons. also dont want a race a evo as it would beat 99% of standard esprits, so my plan is "look fast" by driving at 10mph lolol

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

oh....I finally met a Porsche today...(evening, can't see clearly, but I think it's a Carrera 4s)

anyway, I was driving all day from office to New Territories (country side) and back...(approx 80km total)

I must drove around this road to go back another way and then turned left to my office.

well, I stopped on the right lane while the Porsche stopped in the middle lane at the traffic light.

I already could tell he wanted something from me.

so when the light turned green, I accelerate and keep the rpm all the way up in 1st gear (turbo wild open for the first time since I own the car)

he's able to be next to me.

I had to slow down because I must get to the left lane...so I just shifted to 3rd and let go the pedal, too...

he was still pumping gas and tried to show off with this late shifting that makes sounds from exhaust... (he probably thought he won)

but anyway, it's a fun day.....

beside this little event.....I was driving on highway all day...so it's fast speed instead of city traffic.

great to drive an Esprit to enjoy little time of fun (relax) while still working to pay my living! :blink:

Edited by esprithk

over here in WI, ppl with evo/sti love to race everyone bc 99% of the time they just clean the streets. Unless you know if you got a 13sec car then thats soemthing else.

hmm... I too was thinking sti.. or Infinity g35

Infiniti-G35-Coupe.jpg

Infinity g35, I wonder if they have manual version??

but I would prefer the G35 over the STi...because of the built quality

you can visit your local Subaru dealer, and feel the rear passenger doors....they feel like a very thin piece of paper (ultra light...almost like nothing inside)

I personally was looking for a fast 4-door car, too...(EVO XI or STi)

but after a visit of the dealership, I am not interested in Subaru products anymore....

just think about it, how would your relatives feel when they enter the backseat of your STi...

with such light-weight doors, I personally only can think of one word...."cheap"...

it may be ok to pick up high-school chick...

but for someone more mutual, a G35 is a better vehicle to represent your person...

I'd take a Z over a G35. Who needs back seats :angry:

350z3.jpg

Love Zs...

I'm almost sure there's a manual version of the G35 over here, the coupe at least.

I think of STis and Evos as modern muscle cars... a factory hot rod. not much underlying style, a nice little suped up sedan. So they're gonna look a little cheap. Forget about picking up high school chicks Eric... I've gotta figure out what they like in middle schools these days :blink:

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Z's are great... Lots of history in that the car...

Here is my coworkers. Its twin turboed and he takes it to the track all the time. says he wishes he had an esprit though...

gallery2Farticles2FCheston20350Z2F0.jpg

and the G35 does come in manual....

Shah

1979 Esprit S2. Long Beach, CA

yeah, they make manual g35's .. i rather take the g35 then the z because of the luxury and 2+2.

your co-worker.. well with the money spent on the z + turbo kit.. he would of gotten at least a S4s or v8gt..

I'd still love a 300zx twin turbo :angry: epitome of Z if you ask me :lol: with 4 wheel steering and all.

nissan_300zx_twin_turbo(1990).jpg

Though I'd love just as much one of these (my dad also had about 5 240 to 280Zs when I was a kid... I think they're the reason I like cars). He even had em in yellow and orange :blink: though I'd prefer lime green :)

datsun-240z-3m.jpg

Edited by slade

Though I'd love just as much one of these (my dad also had about 5 240 to 280Zs when I was a kid... I think they're the reason I like cars). He even had em in yellow and orange  :blink: though I'd prefer lime green :angry:

datsun-240z-3m.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah id like to restore an old 240z one day...

Shah

240z...yeah, an old buddy in high school had one these...it rocked...And he really did a bunch of work on it. Engine mods, body panels, etc...I should call him and see what's up with his Z fetish. :blink:

Ansen slot mags are the only thing that make em look better IMO :angry: Classic 70s kitsch, they go on everything from your customized Dodge Van to your Muscle car to your S1 :blink:

A030819_FDV_ESPRITPLAKAT2_N.JPG

but look best on these :lol: They're apparently not in short supply in the phillippines

800px-Jeepney.jpg

slade

I cannot imagine an 16years old kid driving Lotus Esprit as his first car to school....

I am sure he will find the cheerleader team members being very nice to him.. :blink:

Edited by esprithk

An S12 silvia :( Toua, I would have kept it over your Civic ( no offence :() I still wouldn't mind tooling around in one, I nearly bought an S13 with the SR20DET conversion instead of the Esprit.

Being just a young folk I have a vague recollection of when Nissan was branded as Datsun here :lol:

slade

An S12 silvia :( Toua, I would have kept it over your Civic ( no offence :lol:) I still wouldn't mind tooling around in one, I nearly bought an S13 with the SR20DET conversion instead of the Esprit.

slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My last car before the Esprit was an S13 with the CA18DET conversion and quite a lot done to it. I had to retire that one, though, once I put in the cage and gutted the interior. I still have it, though its not running too well, and have been toying with the idea of turning it into an dedicated race car. Then again, i would rather sell it and get something a little more vintage...

Shah

Here in Finland Nissan 200SX 13's and 14's are very common with young drivers:

nissan_200sx_2.jpg

200SX%20S14%20-%2002.jpg

They are quite cheap and very easy to tune up. I think they aren't "sport cars" at all, but 350Z that's a nice Nissan B)

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+