Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Anyone move to a 2-Eleven from a Caterham - 2-Eleven Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone move to a 2-Eleven from a Caterham

Pete H

First post alert :lol:

I've been lurking on here for a few days, as I'm wondering about a 2-Eleven as a replacement to a Caterham R500. I was finding the Caterham a bit too intense perhaps, all the noise and vibration detracting from the business of driving it! Last trackday it managed to mess up my dodgy back, and I got black flagged for noise. Some in 7 circles will now brand me a wuss, but I've had four of them, so time for a change me thinks....

Anyone on here graduated to a 2-Eleven from a Caterham and how did it compare? I've read all the articles and watched all the videos, but you can't beat real experiences.

Just got the small problem of finding one for sale......

Thanks all

Pete.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Pete,

Welcome to the forum.

In my opinion, the chassis on the 2-eleven is streets ahead of the old Caterham spaceframe.

Are you looking to buy new or used? If you are buying used, try to find a "Launch" specification that was very well specified and now old enough to have depreciated a little (not that they depreciate much). If you are looking for a new one, I would be most pleased to organise a visit to the factory to have a close look at the car and to meet the team behind it.

I used to work for Caterham (and still own some real Lotus Sevens for fun) so would not be frightened to take the R500 in part exchange.

Its certainly a move worth making in my opinion.

Welcome

Sorry but I don't have any real experience of a Caterham - tried one before buying the Lotus and found I didn't fit!

Don't know where you are located but I'm sure a local 2-eleven owner will be happy to give you a pax ride and possibly even a drive on track.

Del

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

I'm really looking to buy used, as I don't want to miss the summer, my car is with Caterham on SoR at present. Will probably think about new if I cant find the right car in time though. There seem to be very few about.

Definitely looking for a launch edition spec, I have had a passenger ride around Oulton in one, and was very impressed at the time.

Pete.