Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Holes behind plastic between door and rear quarter glass - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Holes behind plastic between door and rear quarter glass

Hi

The post title probably says it all. I have dismantled my car and am in the process of repairing things. One of the old problems I had was water getting into the car and although I know this was due to broken door seals I am thinking of blocking off the holes behind the plastic trim sections between the doors and quarter glass.

I assume they provide ventilation to the main compartment but the only thing preventing water getting in is a bit of foam stuck to the back of the plastic trim.

Any thoughts? Would filling the holes cause problems or am I seeing a problem that really isn't there! (Wouldn't be the first time...)

cheers

Goose

banner-1.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many other places water can find its way in, I'd suggest looking at those before you close off a source of fresh-air ventilation (and if you have water coming in somewhere else it's a way for water vapour to get out).

Andy

Thanks for the response Andy. Fair points, I just thought whilst I have my car dismantled for restoration I would fix as many problems, or potential ones, as possible. New door seals etc. will fix the leaks but I thought while I have the access to the side holes I could fill them but perhaps I should just buy some new foam and leave them as they are... (The foam doesn't inspire confidence though! :rolleyes: )

Cheers

banner-1.jpg