Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lower Link Length - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lower Link Length

Can someone please tell me what the rear suspension lower link length is from pin to pin. I am trying to do a wheel alignment and I suspect that this may be the wrong length in my car.

cheers,

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can go out to my car tomorrow and measure if no one else answers by then . . . .

- T

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Had a quick grovel underneath this morning, the sun was out as I opened the garage door ...

looks like 47.5cm or thereabouts by waving a tape measure between the studs.

I had them both (well, everything actually) off a couple of months ago. Clean up a treat, I've never seen galvanised links before, pity I didn't get an accurate measurement then.

Hope thats of use,

T.

looks like 47.5cm  or thereabouts by waving a tape measure between the studs.

Hope thats of use,

T.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm.

Thanks for the response, Tony. I don't have the car nearby to check at the moment, but your 475mm seems a lot different to my measurement of 390mm (if I am remembering it correctly). Could your measurement be the distance between the two inner lower link pins (bolts) on either end of the crossmember bolted to the bottom of the transaxle? I'm after the distance along each lower link from where the lower link bolts to the cross-member to where it bolts to the hub carrier.

This has now made me think that there's a possibility that the PO has perhaps changed the cross-member for a longer one, again pushing the lower links out? I'm going to measure my cross member link pin distance tonight. if anyone has this then I'd be interested in that as well....

cheers,

Ian....

Err Hmm, dunno - Just seen yours is an S2. My S3 has different suspension to the S2 I think, mine has top & bottom links & a floating driveshaft.... I've a suspicion the chassis frame is different too.

475 is the distance between the eyes on the actual link arms. (the rod thing that takes off). I'll double check again with my glasses on !

Sorry if thats confused things.

Hows Brizzi, ? did a bit of work around there 10 years ago with Suncorp & RACQ, bet its a bit warmer than here (-7 last night, more snow forecast then rain ..)

Cheers,

Tony

Err Hmm, dunno  -  Just seen yours is an S2. My S3 has different suspension to the S2 I think, mine has top & bottom links & a floating driveshaft.... I've a suspicion the chassis frame is different too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

S3 is definitely different. S2 uses the driveshaft as the upper arm, so that would explain it. I didn't get a chance to measure things up last night to confirm my memory.

Brisvegas is great - it probably the best time of the year at the moment - not quite as hot as summer, but still with longish days.