Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Outdoor Car Covers - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Outdoor Car Covers

I have to buy an outdoor cover for my S3 non turbo and have narrowed the field to two makes. Can anyone with experience of these help me decide whether to go for the Classic Additions lightweight or the Hamilton Classic outdoor cover?

Many thanks,

Si

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Si

The LTF shop sells some very good tailor made covers which can be found here

http://www.thelotusforums.com/shop/35-car-covers

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Thanks Cliff,

They do look good. Sadly I can't wait one week let alone 4-6 as my car is going off to a friend's where it will be outside and has just been polished and detailed. I was going to get a non fitted cover which would arrive in just a day or so.

Si

I prepared a lengthy explanation of how the very best method outdoors is by using 2 fitted covers. I lost my draft and will not go through that trouble again. Long story short, if you're only using one cover it needs to be fitted to not only protect the car but to last as well. After 28 years of covering cars in the desert (yes, we get quite violent thunderstorms here) I've learned non-fitted covers are a compromise and in the end I should have spent the extra money on a fitted one. I can give a better run down of what I actually do in a PM or email if desired. It's a pain in the backside but it works and the covers last.

Mel Gibson only acted the part

Lotus Factory visit 1979

well i bought one off ebay for around £30 never though id use it but in teh end the car stayed outside for 9months rain snow etc and was fine this was a breathable one and not fitted paint was also fine, i gave it a wash and polish and a good coat of wax before it was layed up so im not too convinced about the more expensive one although they do look nice

It's Oogies turn to boogie

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a tight fitting outdoor cover through clublotus 2 years ago.

Last month I peeled back the cover after months of hibernation to find white flakes all all over the body, the inside of the cover has disintegrated.

Obviously I'm extremely unhappy after spending a considerable amount of money on this.

post-1783-050108500 1281701203.jpg

post-1783-067299300 1281701220.jpg

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Pete, it washes off but I have to do it everytime I remove the cover. Yesterday I noticed water within the boot compartment next to the battery, I think the "waterproof" element of the cover is failing.

Edited by botus

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"