Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
crane cams electronic ignition - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

crane cams electronic ignition

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now as i have seen the post i have to put in my 2cents

I just purchased a petronix ignitor and ignition. The parts person, whom i observed to be highly knowledgable, told me to get the compatible coil, otherwise the system will not function properly. I had a crane system in my 911 from the early seventies. i remember a larger white coil.

i do believe there are coils available to match your ignition. There is also talk of crane systems in aircooled porsche chatrooms. if i find more, i will post

how long it took you to take the distributor out? thanks

It was a fairly easy swap. I've been running a coil " off the shelf " and find it just isn't giving me enough spark. I have an email into crane cams with this question of which coil to use. I will post once I find out.

Here's the scoop on crane cams EI... Mosel XR 700. You need to use 1.5 ohms of primary resistance as long as it is used in conjunction with a 1.2 to 1.9 ohm external ballast resister. Or you can use a coil with 3.0 ohm primary resistance without an ext. ballast resister. This from Crane Cams directly.