Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Removing Plenum - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Removing Plenum

avninja

Hi folks, I'm trying to take off the plenum so I can get to the coils and plug wires.

Have most of everything off. But am I supposed to only break the two plenum to manifold gaskets and leave the gasket throttle body/EGR manifold to plenum gasket in place, thereby removing the plenum with this part?

If I do that, I have to seperate at the intake elbows and take off a whole bunch more stuff.

thanks

Andrew

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew:

The throttle body stays attached to the plenum when removing the plenum. The throttle body is bolted from the underside as well as the two acorn nuts at the rear of the plenum. Try to keep the plenum gaskets for the runners in tact as you remove the plenum.

Feff

Be careful when retightening the bolts that hold the plenum down, the threads they screw into are VERY weak and EASILY damaged.

You should check the service notes, but i believe that are torqued to a meer 15lb/ft

:D

Hey, can anyone smell fuel?????