Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hi, some help - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hi, some help

Hi all.

Seeking my first Lotus, and need some help.

The Lotus will be used as a GT, and that have made me think of the evropa, but also, how is the Europa?

Quality? Comfort on long trips?

The car will be used by my wife and me, on trips around Switzerland and Europe. We like to travel long, fast and in comfort.

All help is great for me

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

The Europa is a great car & would suit touring very well, the Evora would be better for this but at nearly three times the price so........................

Having had my Europa for about 2 months now (on the road) I love it, best Lotus I've owned (& I've owned a few!!) I've not driven an Evora yet so can't comment on that but I have been a passenger in one & it felt very nice indeed. I think personally the Europa would give more of a sporty feel & the Evora a luxury one if that helps.

I find most of the current Lotuses comfortable on long trips anyway but as a daily driver I think the Evora again would win (money being no object). Not sure if economay is an issue for you & I don't know again about the Evora but my Europa is returning on average an impressive 35MPG.

Just a bit of info to start you off, hopefully someone will add to it

Junks :)

Edited by Junks

Hi ya

I've had my Europa 4 months and in that time used it for a little commuting, lots of Sunday cruising, a track day and 3 decent weekend trips. With my partner it easily takes all our gear and was comfortable when we were putting 500-600 kms on it each day.

Comfort-wise it's fine - my last car was a 997 C2s, which was a lot more refined, but signifcantly less involving from a drivers point of view. If you really like a plush ride then you might want to think about something else - to me the Europa is a nice balance of comfort, rarity and a great driving experience.

Plus now they look like a great deal $ wise.

Steve

I've had my Europa 3 years now (passed its first MOT yesterday!), and I've covered 45,000 miles in it. I use it every day for the commute to work and my girlfriend and I have been to Europe in it a few times and done the Beaujolais Run in it a few times as well.

What can I say? - I love it! I had a S1 Elise previously (did 90k miles in that!), but the Europa manages to blend the driving qualities you expect from a Lotus with a surprising amount of comfort and practicality - arguably the boot in the Europa is better than the Evora (oh the shame! - a Lotus owner talking about boot space!!). We've covered big distances in it and always arrived at the far end in good shape, and unlike my S1 Elise, you can have a conversation/hear the radio at motorway speeds.

The Europa is plenty quick enough, razor sharp handling but with a decent, supple ride. And its relative rarity ensures it is a head turner! They look a lot better in the flesh than in photographs generally - when it was launched I saw the launch photos and thought "Ugh!" but then saw one in the emtal/plastic and they look brilliant.

I have only managed a short passenger ride in the Evora so far but it undoubtedly moves the game on in terms of ride/handling compromise and comfort, but then it is at a very different price point!