Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
April 1st Lotus of South Bay Event - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

April 1st Lotus of South Bay Event

JRTurbo909

On Saturday April 1st of 2006, Lotus of South Bay & Lotus USA, Inc. will have reps, service field engineers and other Lotus affiliates along with the Lotus truck, here at thier new facility. This will be an all day event so FOOD and BEVERAGES will be provided. Starts at 9am...

Here is the address:

2775 Pacific Coast Highway

Hermosa Beach, CA 90254

Lotus of South Bay Website

There are quite a few people going, mostly exige and elise owners but i have heard of some elan owners going (and a noble). This is right down the street from me so I will definately be there. I just came from there and they plan to have parking for some of the Esprit guys if they show up. Can any of you SoCal owners make it? Gonzalo? Paul? Will your car be ready by then slade? Us Esprit owners should try to represent...

Shah

1979 Esprit S2. Long Beach, CA

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though my car may be ready by then (probably... hopefully...), I can't guarantee I (or it) will be in the area :blink: (Might be up in Sacto...)

Or not. I'm still not sure, I might show up in the last minute :angry: I always like making an entrance B)

Seriously. I'm sick of missing these things.

I'm assuming the Lotus truck isn't a new product :angry:

That exige looks crazy...

slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Shah,

I'm up for this (would be great to have some reserved parking) what time is kick off? I may even have the V8 on the road!

Paul

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

So, per my other topic I may not bring the esprit for this if i cant get it running but here is an interesting email i had just received...

Hi!

Will you please spread the word that Lotus 23 owners are to meet as below?

Hello to all Lotus 23 owners:

Thanks to the generosity of Abraham Reyes of Lotus of South Bay, we shall be meeting at that agency on Friday, March 31st from 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM. This Lotus agency will then be prepared for its Grand Opening day on April first. Come prepared to meet Nick and see the new Lotus cars

The purpose of the meeting is to greet Nick Adams, an English Lotus 23 owner and an employee of Lotus who is now here in the USA on business, and to get to know one another better.

Lotus of South Bay is at 2775 Pacific Coast Highway, Hermosa Beach, CA 90294.

Please RSVP to me at steagall99@yahoo.com,

or call me at 310 359 3228.

I need a head count for the meeting.

Thanks,

Bill

Gordonie <gordonie@earthlink.net> wrote:

Hi All. November Road & Track is out and you can vote for the Best Car of

2005. The Lotus Elise is one of the candidates on the ballot. You can cast

your ballot by phoning 1-877-788-6831 or on line by going to www

roadandtrack.com/rtvote1 . Lets make the Elise the winner with your vote.

Pass this on to your friends.

Gordonie

I believe the April 1st event starts around 9am. Let me know if you guys plan to attend...

Shah

Alright. Just learned I'm coming back Friday.

So I'll probably be there. And if you're all lucky, the Esprit will too :lol:

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Are you talking about your girlfriend :lol:

Seriously. I'm about to go out there and install my helicoils. If all goes well, sure :lol:

UPDATE: 2 bolts in, one to go. I'm going out of town tommorow, but by the time I get back I may have time to finally initiate the ez-out and get the third and final one in. If that's the case I'll be glad to show it off and pick you up Shah :lol:

here's to you getting your car on the road first :lol:

slade

Edited by slade

UPDATE: 2 bolts in, one to go. I'm going out of town tommorow, but by the time I get back I may have time to finally initiate the ez-out and get the third and final one in. If that's the case I'll be glad to show it off and pick you up Shah :P

here's to you getting your car on the road first :(

slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hows the car coming along slade?

Who is still planning to attend this?

Shah

I'm still no further than I was a few days ago with one bolt to go (the tough one). I'll be back in Riverside tommorow and see what I can do with it, but I may not have time to get it all screwed back together... likely I'll be there, but I'm taking the Blazer.

How about your car Shah? Or do I get to see your bug or S13 :P

How long are you planning on staying and what time do you plan on getting there? I might get there a bit early depending on what time stuff begins... and I may have to leave around 11.

slade

Ahhh the bug and the S13 are now in the same state as the Lotus. I will probably head out there in a Prelude around 930am. I will take a lot of pictures. Just give me a call when you get there unless you have the esprit...

i hope some of you other socal people can attend...

should be a fun time...

Shah

Ahhh the bug and the S13 are now in the same state as the Lotus. I will probably head out there in a Prelude around 930am. I will take a lot of pictures. Just give me a call when you get there unless you have the esprit...

i hope some of you other socal people can attend...

should be a fun time...

Shah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Shah, you can ride with me if you want - that is if it doesn't rain :lol:.

'03.5 Final Edition Esprit ~ 5.7lbs/hp

mildly modded - 430rwhp, 353rwtq

Hey Shah, you can ride with me if you want - that is if it doesn't rain :lol:.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey thanks. Give me a call tomorrow morning then. You too slade...

Its a bummer that all this rain has been destroying all our Lotus plans....

Shah

Looks like I'll be a no show - have to work :lol:

F*ck the rain. Screw it, I just drove for 7 hours in it, I'd be ready to drive for 2 more tommorow in the Esprit if she was ready.

The best part about driving in the rain today was that my dad let me partake use of his Z06 from Sacramento to Riverside :lol:

I was hoping I'd at least be able to take it to the thing tommorow.

But my dad snatched it away from me when I got here to drive to Arizona :)

I'd take the 55 Chev, but I hate driving it on the freeway til I get the new transmission installed. Right now it definitely feels short a gear.

I'll give you a call.

slade

Thats said, if I wrap up at a reasonable time (before 12:00PM) I may swing by on my way home (not in the Esprit mind you!)

:lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you wind up making it Gonzalo?

Sorry for not being able to stay longer, had a bit of family business to attend to... I probably missed all the good stuff that came later in the day. :)

Lot of Elises, saw my first 4 or so Exiges :lol: Only a few V8s had the audacity to show up while I was there, along with an M100. Crowning moment for me came 5 minutes before I left, when a red Europa S2 showed up... looked great, sounded as good.

Shah ought to have pics. He's more asian than me in that respect :P

Lots of Maserati 3200s for sale on the lot as well.

Nice to finally be able to examine Ellies up close, they even had one with her clothes off :) Was hoping for a test drive, but unfortunately couldn't pull out the Esprit card to show em I was for real :) Me and Shah were both jealous of not having our own cars there, and not holding up the G car (or at least 4 cyl) side of things.

slade

Edited by slade

yeah i got to hang out with gonzalo and actually got to ride in his beautiful car. i will post pics as soon as possible but the damn computer has been acting up. i got a lot of pics to post....

great event!

Shah

Sorry I missed it guys - ended up working until 2:00PM, plus my car is still getting the bumper fixed :):lol: Let's all plan something good in the next few weeks ...

P