Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Convoy from the South to the Oxford Meet - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Convoy from the South to the Oxford Meet

gghc87

Hi All

Just wondered if anyone is coming up to the OXFORD MEET next month from the South.

If so prehaps we can meet up before and convoy to the meet. :angry:

Cliff

PS this is my centennial post (in number not years) :blink:

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be good - I'm hopefully bringing Steve-o along with me as well from Folkstone in deepest darkest Kent.

Where you thinking of meeting ?

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Should be good - I'm hopefully bringing Steve-o along with me as well from Folkstone in deepest darkest Kent.

Where you thinking of meeting ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi

Sorry for the slow reply was waiting to see where people where coming from before deciding on meet point.

If anyone else can let us know soonest if they are coming from the south, where from and want to join up then can fix best meet point.

regards

Cliff

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

I'm heading up from the Wiltshire Esprit mecca that is Marlborough (well a few miles away from there anyway). This may not be the definition of 'South' that you guys are thinking. If so, then see you there!!

Andy

coming from north hampshire.

any meeting place would do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi

Was going to suggest oxford services then fill with Optimax at Chipping Norton so big thanks to Dermot for the local knowledge re Peartree. :D

See you all at Peartree going to get there at bit earlier say 8.30am to get in some breakfast. :P

Jonathan

I guess you will be coming along M25 from deepest Kent. I am picking up a mate at Cobham, Surrey then joining the M25 at Junction 10(A3) at 7.40 am.

Will then cruise along M25 to M40 before pulling off to go to Peartree to arrive at 8.35am . Suggest a rolling meet along M25 from J10 at 7.40 am if you can get there by this time and anyone else coming up at that time who is joining from this area.

Let us know :(

Cliff

Cliff

Hey guys.

Errr iirc isn't the meet time pretty much 10am+?

If so, it's less than an hour's drive once you leave the M25 - you all look like you're going to get there by about 9am!!

Anyone looking to get there for 10ish? I could meet you perhaps on the M40 - Mark Blancahrd found a good side road for a meet up where the locals didn't seem too annoyed by their presence! :D

Cheers all,

R

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

:D we're going a bit earlier to get in a casual breakfast at peartree services........... sets one up nicely for a hard days cruising B) B) Edited by gghc87

Cliff

hope its open, i went early last year and the little chef or whatever was undrgoing refurbishment...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

hope its open, i went early last year and the little chef or whatever was undrgoing refurbishment...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh well nothing ventured ....... :D

Cliff

Oh well nothing ventured ....... :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks to the guys at Little Chef for supplying two Olympics in record time. Yum :)

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

:) Im sorry.....

Did I just read someone genuinely writing the words "Little Chef" and "Yum" in the same sentence?!?!?!?!?! :)

:):(

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

:) Im sorry.....

Did I just read someone genuinely writing the words "Little Chef" and "Yum" in the same sentence?!?!?!?!?! :(

:) :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rude !!

Guess I must be getting an old git where old habits die hard but the full english is still ok in my book. :)

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Guess I must be getting an old git where old habits die hard but the full english is still ok in my book. :)

Nothing wrong with full English (Irish - even better) but not so sure about the little chef bit!

I stopped at the Oxford services on the M40. It's a junction further than you want coming from London but backs onto the A40. Bloody hell, that a massive fry-up! Didn't think I was going to make it when the schedule changed and Kato wanted to have an early lunch :)

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

Take your choice there all good.

Full English Breakfast

The ingredients of a fry-up vary according to region and taste. At its heart, the meal consists of bacon and eggs, but to earn the title of a "Full English" a number of other ingredients are expected.

The bacon and eggs are traditionally fried, but grilled bacon and poached or scrambled eggs may be offered as alternatives. Some of the additional ingredients that might be offered as part of a Full English breakfast include:

toast, fried bread, or bread and butter

bacon

sausages

fried, grilled or tinned tomatoes

mushrooms

black pudding (a little less popular in contemporary times and in the south, but usually available)

baked beans

possibly saut

Cliff

Full Irish Breakfast Recipe

Irish bacon

Irish sausages (pork, beef, etc)

Black Pudding

Sauted potatoes

tomatoes

eggs

beans

Irish cheddar cheese (grated)

Salt & Pepper

Irish Breakfast Tea

What? no, no.

Bacon - yes.

chipolata - yes.

Sauted potatoes (definitely too poncy, see later)

Tomatoes - yes or beans

Eggs - lots

Tea - well the conuty was founded on a good cup so who are we po complain!

Irish cheddar - not really in a breakfast but works a treat in a roll

But the two essentials are potato bread (kind of like hash browns but potoato bread has a light crust) and soda bread (using baking soda ratter than yeast when cooking so you end up with a heavy rich bread which is quite accidic

Just writing this, I'm gagging for a fry-up :)

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

What? no, no.

Bacon - yes.

chipolata - yes.

Sauted potatoes (definitely too poncy, see later)

Tomatoes - yes or beans

Eggs - lots

Tea - well the conuty was founded on a good cup so who are we po complain!

Irish cheddar - not really in a breakfast but works a treat in a roll

But the two essentials are potato bread (kind of like hash browns but potoato bread has a light crust) and soda bread (using baking soda ratter than yeast when cooking so you end up with a heavy rich bread which is quite accidic

Just writing this, I'm gagging for a fry-up  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the correction must admit only had Irish Breakfast 5 / 6 times :)

Cliff