Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Long shot but can someone take a photo plz ? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Long shot but can someone take a photo plz ?

Right, just got the steering column back in, pretty easy job for the Lotus hehe

Question is the spline to the coupling right in the foot well doenst seem to go in very far....at least not as far as I'd like it - it's being kept by the two bold that hold the steering wheel end of the column in place so there is nothing I can do.

Just worried if there is a problem here.

If you get your head into the footwell and look right inbetween the accelerator and the brake you can see the steering column, on the end is a splined shaft going into a split coupling....can someone take a picture please so I can compare, if not I'll bother Bibs sometime. So if you wont do it for me, do it for his coffee machine.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont know if this is any use. If not im on Boxley Rd just up from the prison if youwant to see it in person and the dash is out as well. Its Bibs old car.

Malcolm

post-1261-027535500 1286471923.jpg

Cheers me dear.

Thats the exact shot I was looking for, note how far the spline from the steering column sticks out of the universal joint ?

I thought mine wasnt deated but turns out its OK

thanks for dat :)

So the Bib's old Black car resides in Maidstone does it - have to have a meet up, think there is a meet at Brands sometime.

I'm going off memory here so don't quote me.

There is bush in the bottom of the outer column, this partially came out when I pulled the old joint out. The problem is vission down there is so limited that I failed to notice, which can make it look like you have it all the way home when you don't.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Difficult to tell from the parts list what is going on !

I have no bush in my car (which is a shame) so I dont think it was there, I dont think it totally matters but wheel see (wheel, get it ? :tumbleweed: )

I'm just looking for all signs of play in the steering so it can be tightened up a bit.

Should there be one ? I would have thought so. Have you checked on a parts illustration.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)