Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
These brakes are awful pls HELP - with video! - Page 3 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

These brakes are awful pls HELP - with video!

I doubt he'll be boiling the brakes anytime soon hehe :)

So no clacking, how often does the pump run - do the brakes make a wooooosh noise if you push them ?

The thing is with Esprit brakes is people expect the car to stop on a dime because it's an Esprit (like they expect it to handle like its on rails regardless of the road)

Most cars actually have fairly similar braking distances sub 60mph - stop believe it or not - an modern Golf can hit a stop from 60 in ~130 feet - similar to a mclaren F1.

This is what catches out SOOOOOOO many divers of supercars. Where supercars benefit is past 60 and into the tripple figures.

Also the sensation of braking is nullified in a supercar becuase 1 you're low down, there is less body rotation etc.

Take the car to an off ramp where those daft lines are on the road telling idiots they need to slow down - and slam the anchors on and count the lines, try it again in a normal car and see the difference.

End of the day it's physics watson :)

Tyres do the breaking.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WISE WORDS THERE!

Good Evening

No, there is no 'whooshing' sound. The clack, has gone!

To be honest I have rarely been happy with the braking in any car I have had. The lotus certainly for now doesn't feel great. However, I haven't yet been on a dry road...............

Tyres are all 'pukka'. I am daft, but I do know the major difference tyres make.

I was spoilt by a 944T that had uprated brakes, that bugger would try to throw you through the windscreen when you hit the pedal!

An unfortunate fascination with Lotus, and proper drivers cars.

All caused by S75 LCF back in 2002, a mustard yellow GT3, and someone on here's got her.....