Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1982 LOTUS ELITE S2.2 WHITE MANUAL 5 SPEED (NO RESERVE) - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1982 LOTUS ELITE S2.2 WHITE MANUAL 5 SPEED (NO RESERVE)

ebay

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That could be a nice car, they look really crisp in white. At first I thought this could be another missing Riviera as you can just see the start if a sunroof aperture. Spoke to the seller (brother of the owner) who says it has a fuill length Webasto fitted which is interesting, also documantation to confirm it was ordered that way from the factory! First I've ever seen like that.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

the full webasto sunroof hides a big problem:

the elite/eclat has a strut across the roof for strengthening the body and the car.

if a websato roof has been fitted this strut must have been cut....which weakens the construction...so more or less the body is a write off or at least a bigger job for repair.

Edited by Elite7

There was a white Elite on Ebay a while back with a very large glazed panel in the roof, exposing the roll bar. It had just been trimmed around it a full 360 degrees and looked OK, perhas this one has too. The seller said he could get more details if I emailed him, will drop him a line.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I think , judging by county, distance and photo shots you'll find the seller is a dealer who has sold numerous Lots cars over the years and has sold me two (initial one advert in classic car mag, second eBay special). If it is this person then a previous ID on eBay was "Stagmens" or similar. My only gripe is the first car I purchased (Europa Special) was sold as 5 speed when it was actually a 4 speed 352 transmission with so much play in the linkage both he and I thought there were 5 gears.

Thought of looking at it to compliment the race car as its only 5 miles away, then had a reality check, no space in garage or time for another project, also the wife would not be fluffy if I came home with another car!