Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Front bumper/valence and splitter for V8 Esprit - Wanted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Front bumper/valence and splitter for V8 Esprit

blue harbour

As above does anyone have a complete front bumper assembly (the bumper/valence & lower splitter assy) to suit a 97 V8 esprit????

I was out in mine last night (already been a good 35 miles in it) & was almost home aswell, when i turned off the main Rd onto a side road to go into Wingerworth - I was only doing about 15mph in 2nd and as soon as i breathed on the throttle to start pulling me up the hill (& i do mean breathed i was being soooo gentle because of the conditions!) the inside wheel broke traction and spun up and the car spat me side ways into a grass verge and it's basically ripped off and trashed the front left hand splitter and cracked the bumper and valence irrepairably too!

Doesn't matter WHAT colour the bumper assy is as obviously it will be getting painted, but it must be in pretty good condition!

Need this ASAP to get the car sorted and back on the road!

Can anyone help!???

Btw there is a car at douglas autos breakers, but i rang them n the front bumper has already gone!

Cheers Matt!

Been back to the same corner since and there's something on the road as the surface is like ice it's sooo slippery, and i was in my civic aswell which just understeered and again span the inside wheel up until the VSA caught it at the same spot so there's definitely something on the road surface!!!

Edited by blue harbour

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As another possible source - can any of you guys advise as to whether it's possible to source new parts more cheaply for the complete assembly!?

I've been looking on SJ and the parts catalogue I have and it appears that if we go for proper lotus parts it will cost over £2k for the whole thing as you have to buy the bumper/valence and splitters all separately, But when you look up the part numbers on SJ they don't list the lower front valence for the V8's- just the bumper!!! Are they selling a copy of the lotus parts as a complete assembly instead!? (I did try ringing them several times yesterday to confirm, but i could never get through!)

Really would like to avoid shelling out £2k+ if i can, but if we have to i guess we have too!