Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
abs depressurising - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

abs depressurising

I have just bought my s4s after a 2 year negotiation(finally came down to my price)and there are 2 problems i have to sort.Main concern is that the abs keeps depressurising(red light coming on and no power assist).It will only repressurise once i turn the car off and turn the ignition back on to restart.I have changed the fluid but dont know what to do next.No TECH 1 (with lotus abs cartridge)nearby,no manual,no lotus dealer who has ever sold or serviced an esprit withih 1000klms.ABS light is also coming on infrequently(as it has been for more than 2 yrs.)

Pressure swith is grey type.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

By the way.Problem only arised after i took the car ot a lotus club night and people getting in and out of the car had been applying the brakes with the ignition off.as the car manual said this is normal to happen once but it has continued .

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like either the accumulator or pressure switch -

I have just bought my s4s after a 2 year negotiation(finally came down to my price)and there are 2 problems i have to sort.Main concern is that the abs keeps depressurising(red light coming on and no power assist).It will only repressurise once i turn the car off and turn the ignition back on to restart.I have changed the fluid but dont know what to do next.No TECH 1 (with lotus abs cartridge)nearby,no manual,no lotus dealer who has ever sold or serviced an esprit withih 1000klms.ABS light is also coming on infrequently(as it has been for more than 2 yrs.)

Pressure swith is grey type.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

By the way.Problem only arised after i took the car ot a lotus club night and people getting in and out of the car had been applying the brakes with the ignition off.as the car manual said this is normal to happen once but it has continued .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bad spirit haunting my ABS for 3 years. Changed fluids, now the accumulator, I have a switch on order, hopefully this will finally kill the yellow tell tale.

After changing the accum. at least the pedal now feels firm and the recharging has gone. Now the tell tale has changed from blinking to permanently on. Gues it is a combo of accumulator and switch defect. When the switch arrives I will update. Last thing to do change the relay.

Lets wait and see.

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg