Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
CHASSIS NUMBER ON S2 - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

CHASSIS NUMBER ON S2

Efx

Question

Hi all, I have found only 2 plates with the VIN NUMBER of the car, (mine is an 1979 s2) one on the front compartment near a wheel arch and a second plate inside the car near the front glass at the binnacle side, but I haven't found the number on the chassis , possible?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

4 answers to this question

Ciao Massimo,

look in the frony wheelarch on the left or right side, stamped on the chassis front section you will found the chassis number originally marked by Lotus.

Ciao

Giorgio

Thank you Giorgio! Tomorrow I try to check in that area...I hope to find something!

Edited by Efx

hello massimo,

it seems that I have the same car you have. mine is an 1978 S2 also black gold with black interior and red leather seats. I am restoring my car completely at the moment, so I separated the body from the chassis. you can find the chassis number on the upper U beam between the rear spring and damper support which goes over the gearbox. it is stamped on the rear lower horizontal edge of the beam, I had to get off the corrosion before discovering it . see image.

post-13355-0-77299500-1313443990.jpg

the material of my interior (dashboard, doors etc.) is black, it is not this crushed looking marcasite. it is an monocrome black synthetic velvet. my car was untouched and it was still the original material inside. you can see it in my restoration topic. but the material changed color because the UV radiation, so I have to change it. it was no problem to get it here in germany (some years ago).

please send some pictures of your car, where are you located in Italy?

ciao lutz.

ciao Lutz! sorry for late reply but I was on vacation! your car seems exactly my car! beautiful car!! very LRGP color scheme!...black,gold and...red...but with a little difference. mine is manufactured on october 79 not 78, so maybe something can change also about the chassis number position, or maybe not, I can't check in the area that you have found the c.n. because my chassis don't need to be separated from the body, It is a bit rusted but I haven't found areas with holes or deep rust , so the only way to check the horizontal frame is to drill the glassfiber on luggage compartment or I can found it easily without drill or separate the body?

the interior of my car have a strange history, I have found original red carpet and red leather seats but also a gold marcasite dashboard, that seems original because weary like a 30 years old dashboard...but from Lotus cars the Engineer Brian Hope have sended to me a document with the details of my car when new, and the dashboard was in black velvet for Lotus cars!

My car is at the end of a big restoring and I hope to drive it i the next mounts !

I came from Basilicanova a little town in Emilia few km from Maranello...the region of Ferrari cars... :harhar:

ciao

Max

Edited by Efx