Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bush fitting and arb which way up! - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Bush fitting and arb which way up!

Just fitted a new lotus polybush and when I offered it up to the chassis it doesnt fit cleanly. The bush is central in the wishbone but too far to the rear of the gap. I guess I move the bush slightly forwards is that ok ?

2nd question. which way up for the arb, ends pointing down or up ( one photo I didnt take).

post-1261-0-01937800-1309866073_thumb.jp

post-1261-0-91669300-1309866089_thumb.jp

post-1261-0-05960400-1309866103_thumb.jp

Edited by mdw

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ARB to lower wishbone bushes have to be pressed into the wishbone, I recommend wishbone off and a hydraulic press, I saw 8 tons up on one before it popped, rubber grease is a definite.

From memory they have to go in from the trialling side to get a square push. The recess is not the mid point, but again from memory the longer side toward the bar.

Don't refit the springs until the bar is re-installed.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Thankyou for the reply Roger. Sorry the bush thats not correct is the large main pivot at the chassis.

Sorry misunderstood the question, the ARB is upside down in the photo, can't help you with the bushes, but are there washers/spacers to go between the bush and the chassis? Or if you haven't put the other one in the wishbone take a pic and post tit.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

The bottom bolts go through the chassis with no washers /spacers. The top seems to have the spacers for adjusting the suspension. The passenger side is fine and fits with no adjustment. Just so im sure Roger the top picture ( in first post) of the wish bone is wrong and the bottom one is correct, if i pressed the part of the bar with the polybushes to the floor the tails would point upwards?

The pic below shows the amount of the outer bush sleve now coming out the front of the wishbone to enable a clean fit. Previously the bush was centred in the wishbone.

post-1261-0-61006500-1309870549_thumb.jp

Edited by mdw

My head is starting to hurt, :wacko:

Position the lower wishbone horizontal and you will see which way up the ABR goes The ends are higher than the cross bar bolted to the chassis. Any other way they foul the forward wishbone pick ups.

The other problem I can't visualise, maybe there is something in a parts manual.

Remember to fit the bar to the wishbones before mounting the springs.

My head is starting to hurt, :wacko:

Sorry

I understand re the arb.

Thanks