Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Buntingford Classic Event - Sat 3rd - UK - Bucks/Essex/Herts/Cambs Group - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Buntingford Classic Event - Sat 3rd

Hi Guys,

Its a bit late notice, but is anyone interested in going to this show on Saturday.

http://www.buntingfordclassic.com/

I helped found the show years ago, and in the past we always had a good showing of Esprits, but I have not attended recently as it always seems to clash with overseas trips. This year I am free so will attend. If anyone else is interested let me know / post here and I will sort out some spaces.

Unlike most cars its set in the middle of a town rather than a field so there are lots of shops, places to eat etc. There are always several live bands, bbqs etc.

Alan

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave,

I will try to get there about 10am - it says you have to be there by 10:30 to exhibit. You will also need to pay £3 to exhibit. LMK if you want to meet up (Silver Ball cafe on the A10?) although a convoy of 2 cars (different makes / models) is not really that impressive!

Alan

PS I got an email from them (Graham Bonner) saying its no problem turning up on the day. I will PM you my mobile in case you do not have it.

Great weather - fantastic event.

I parked with the public (as I was too late to exhibit) and went in search of Alan and the Tesla. Found the Tesla fairly quickly but no Alan, so carried on to the end of the town looking at all sorts of cars, bikes,trucks and military stuff. A few bands knocking out tunes, lots of places to eat and lots of people out enjoying the food, drink and sunshine. What a brilliant idea to close of the street to traffic and then display cars among the shops.

Got back to the Tesla and found Alan, went to get a beer and then wandered round again to see everything again.

A superb event with only two downsides. Firstly it was a bit warm (OK that's not really a downside at all) and secondly not a single Lotus on display. So next year Alan and I will be flagging this up a bit earlier and some of you will be joning us!!!!

Alan will be along later with some photos

Dave.

Dave - good to catch up!

Will post some photos later. The Tesla won a prize at the show so it was worth me washing it for once!!

I only took a few photos, but someone sent me this link from someone who did a much better job:

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee101/martincooper_bucket/Buntingford%202011/?start=all