Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
ABS disc teeth - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

ABS disc teeth

Anyone know or have a picture of the ABS toothed wheels used to generate the wheel speeds ?

Setting up the traction control atm and it needs to know, I believe the fronts are 48t (EDIT - I've counted these as 48) but the rears are a complete bugga cus they are hidden inside the hub carrier.

Anyone know or have a picture of one I can count ?

Needs to be brembo setup delco ABS sysetm (dunno if the kelsey hayes is different)

Ta.

Edited by Jonathan

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought you had the tc finished two hours after getting the parcel ?

Sorry no help with the number of teeth although I'm pretty sure the S4 parts pdf states the number of teeth , I don't have access to the pdf just now.

Nigel

Just had a look at the manual and no teeth count for the rear pole wheel.

My suspension is partially in bits whilst my engine is out so I'll try tomorrow night to have a look for you.. though one thought crossed my mind - on your site under the chassis restore page is a pic with the polewheel visible - sadly not enough to accurately count teeth, but did you take any other pics at the same time that might just give you a head on teeth-counting angle?

Yeah I had it installed pretty much wired that day, but not functioning becuase the NS ABS sensor was busted, goes potty when it sees 1 wheel not 'rotating'. Finally got around to sorting it today and playing with the software (hardly need tc in this weather).

The parts list stipulates the front which I checked at 48t, from the pictures I have the rear looks similar but you need to know exactly of the controller wont work out the slip correctly.

Simon - I did but none useful enough to count the teeth accuratly. I took some data logs from the car today (got data logs coming out of my ears with this thing now) and if the pulse per rev is out by 1 pulse the controller gets confused and a spike is shown which make the TC think it's slipping and hence goes mental on the injectors.

If you can take an end on photo that'd be top drawer - I'm guessing 48 but knowing lotus it's probably 49 hehe

Big Thanks

Edited by Jonathan

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk