Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Eclat S2.2 1982 JPS - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Eclat S2.2 1982 JPS

ebay

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this for sale a few months ago, requiring re-commisioning. Was about £2,200 ish. Was the same dealer/ pics also? Maybe they decided to do the work themselves to achieve a better price. Looks good though, if i had 4k it would be burning a hole in my pocket by now!

Are you really joining the eclat crowd Roger?

I thought you were a committed elite man!

Good for you if you buy it though - I'm sure you'll give it the right sort of home.

D

I arranged to see this car a couple of months ago when it was advertised on Ebay at £2200.

The seller runs a motorcycle shop and I turned up to view the car, there was nowhere to park, the seller had also disappeared and there was no-one in the shop. The car was left open so I had a quick look around, although very dirty I could tell it was a nice car and would clean up well so I decided to make him an offer of £2000 the next day after turning up with cash.

Before setting off to purchase I gave him a ring and said I was prepared to buy immediately and remove the car the next day, I explained that I had viewed the car the previous day and that he was not around to speak with.

The seller was unbelievable rude suggesting that it was my fault I couldn't find him and it was ridiculous that he would leave the shop unattended and then he said that it was pointless me coming again as he had sold the car the previous day for £1700.

Whatever happened to the purchaser at £1700 I cant answer but clearly the deal fell through, it is now advertised at £3995 having received what appears to be a hoover and polish, must have used a whole tub of carnuba wax to add that sort of premium.

I personally dont believe the mileage and I would want evidence of the cambelt being changed before parting with a penny, but at £3995 I am definitely out of the equation, and in any case even if it was sensibly priced I wouldn't wish to deal with the guy under any circumstances.

ok ....

I went to see this car today ..........in my black elite

Hmmmm

This is really the first time I seriously compared the elite and the eclat ..............

Sorry Dunc ... you are right - I remain a comitted elite man .. the shape just does it for me!!!

To emphasise the point - the elite was THE original Ollie shape before the Americans decided they wanted something

with a proper boot!!!

However ..... together....... they looked really good!!!!

hmmmmm

Thought i had seen this car before, the sudden price increase of 2k seems odd? Can i just ask, Dunc you will know - I thought the riviera came with its own unique interior, the half leather stuff? Are we certain this car is a riviera? I didnt see the boot spoiler extension in the pics either. The JPS thing is just a statement also? I have never heard of a JPS Riviera before? There is a decent red one on e-bay just now at around £1500 on auction which i am sure is the real deal!!!

Actually - the riviera option was just another option on the price list -

it does have the boot spolier extension - but no "riviera" badge on the side

which is odd. However the paintwork / brightwork is really good!

The interior is not for me !

:-)