Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
blow thru fuel pump? - Fuel System/Carbs - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

blow thru fuel pump?

blow-thru

Hi folks,

I hope you all are having an enjoyable Christmas. Christmas is another joyful day off work for me. Just been called by my mate,'The Grinch'ohmy.pnglaugh.png

Anyway,I've been searching around for the correct fuel pump used on the turbo Esprit and found bosch 0580464070. Is this correct,as 3bar pressure ( 43.5psi) seems too high?

thanks

Paul

Edited by blow-thru

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

I hope you all are having an enjoyable Christmas. Christmas is another joyful day off work for me. Just been called by my mate,'The Grinch'ohmy.pnglaugh.png

Anyway,I've been searching around for the correct fuel pump used on the turbo Esprit and found bosch 0580464070. Is this correct,as 3bar pressure ( 43.5psi) seems too high?

thanks

Paul

Assuming you are using carbs, 43 psi is too high. Dellortos need 2.5 to 4.5 psi plus 8 psi to compensate for boost, for a total of 10.5 to 12.5 psi. Since it is regulated you can go a little higher than that, but not to much. I am running a Holley projection 15 psi fuel pump. It works perfectly and was only $150.

Merry Christmas

Jim

Note the Holley pump is the same style as the Bosch pump, it is not your typical Holley pump you usually see. If you search the internet for a Holley projection 15 psi pump you can see some photos of it. I searched for a Bosch pump too, and was not able to find one with the right specs. I am sure it is out there, but since my car no longer had the original pump I was not able to use it to find the right part number.

Cheers Jim