Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New audio setup - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New audio setup

Hello guys,

I recently finished my audio setup. MB Quart QSD component speakers are in the front and doors. I have 6.5" JL subs behind the seats. Two Alpine amps are in the rear space and the head unit is the Alpine IVA-D310. I don't pretend to be very knowledgeable of mobile audio so I had the installation done professionally. Plastic and wood were used to fabricate the back and it was covered with black suede and gray vinyl.

The sound is outstanding (by my standards, anyway) and I'm amazed at the bass the tiny subs can produce.

The rear setup takes down easily in order to get to the battery and taillights. I never used the boot space, so I don't miss it.

Please tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Brian

post-604-1151717952.jpg

post-604-1151717991.jpg

post-604-1151718008.jpg

post-604-1151718033.jpg

post-604-1151718062.jpg

Edited by bac1023

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks.

When I bought my car, the speakers were already placed in the doors. They were very poor and I changed them, but the doors had speakers already.

The door and front speakers are now 6.5" woofers and 1" tweeters from MB Quart. Of course, the crossovers are in the doors as well. Here is a link to the exact model I have.

http://www.mbquart.com/en/produkte/car/qli....php?nr=qsd_216

I'm very impressed with the sound of these speakers. I got them cheaper as they were a floor model without the box, etc.

Hope this helps,

Brian

Edited by bac1023

The trunk is FABULOUS!!

Tell me what you did?

Lucas.

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

Very good work indeed!

Karl will be your friend!!! :)

I like the Lotus Seatbelt 'pads' - from whence did they originate?!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

karl has arrived robin lol.

that is a very very nice install, i have always wondered if you can can speakers behind the seats as the se has them but the gt3/v8 etc etc dont.

do you think you could get a 8" in or even a 10", also how did they do the rear behind the speaker, how much room is actually there, sorry for all the questions. the boot is stunning btw, it very very clean. i was going to has a plazma/lcd in mine but really cant be bothered anymore but i really NEED decent sounds back as its doing my head in. i have a top flight alpine head unit now but sounds awfull.

if you know what they did at the rear of the subs could you let me know please or pics would be perfect. love to throw in 2 x 10" jl's like i had in my elan. which are now in the supra and there really kick.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Karl,

Thanks for the compliments.

Unfortunately, I wasn't with the car during the install of the subs, so I didn't see what was behind there. I do know the rear area was already sealed and didn't require any box fabrication to create good bass. I imagine the diameter of the 8" or 10" would fit, but I'm unsure of the depth. I believe they are deeper than the 6.5" subs. The small subs already required a spacer to be put in, which was covered with black carpet. This can be seen in the picture of the sub. The 10" subs may be too deep to fit properly behind the seats. I'm sure they would sound great though!

I'll see if I can find any info on the depth of the larger JL subs. I will say I'm inpressed with the amount of bass produced by the 6.5" subs. However, I'm not one that needs much.

Brian

Jeep seatbelt pads $32

Lotus seatbelt pads $59

Nice! :(

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

try ebay, I got some momo ones for

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Jeep seatbelt pads $32

Lotus seatbelt pads $59

Nice! :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I thought that was ridiculous too! Some brands are even more than that.

I do like the look and comfort of them, but, you're right, its a shame they cost twice as much as some other logos.