Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sources for Havoline 5W-40 Synthetic Engine Oil for Exige? - Elise / Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sources for Havoline 5W-40 Synthetic Engine Oil for Exige?

S260Feller

Hope this is the right forum; if not, sorry - I didn't see one on tech stuff. And this is specifically directed at my USA friends as that's where I am located.

Does anyone have a verified source for the Chevron Texaco Havoline 5W-40 Synthetic oil specified by Lotus for the Exige? Specs are SL/CF, SJ/CF, ACEA-A3.

I've been trying to find some locally and cannot. I'm nearing my 1,000 mile post break-in oil change and want to use the "right stuff". The nearest Lotus dealer is about 5 hours away (hence so many miles on the car already). I ordered some filters from them, but didn't think about the oil; I didn't realize it would be a challenge.

I may have found a distributor, but I'm awaiting a return e-mail from them. I was hoping someone might have a source, especially in the mid-central USA area (Kansas would be great).

Let me know,

Thanks,

Marvin

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Hi Marvin,

I went through this with my Elise SC. Texaco-Havoline and Shell Helix were both recommended but only available in Europe.

Through research with Shell, I learned that the oil we're looking for is available under...wait for it...Pennzoil in the USA.

Here is what I use and where I get it. (It's not the sulphur ladden Pennsylvania state crude that grandpa used to use...)

Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil - API SN/CF
Pennzoil PN#550022576 Ultra 5W-40 European Full Synthetic Motor Oil (6 quarts)
"Econo-Box" is 24 quarts PN# 550023653

Best Line Oil in Tampa
1-800-382-1811
1-813-248-1044
AL Garcia III

Ordered 01/31/2014
Case of 24 Quarts
$197.00 + Tax
( two weeks)
Received in 5 weeks

http://www.bestlineoil.com/contact.php

Have a Technical Question about a Shell Lubricant Product?
             - 800-237-8645

Or, Total Quartz 9000 5w40 oil is available also in the USA and passes the criterion.

*You will have trouble getting any "SL" spec oils now. Catalytic converters and the EPA have mandated "SM" spec which was replaced by "SN" now (as of this post). -Happy Trails!