Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Excel SE headlamp pod motor - very cheap - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Excel SE headlamp pod motor - very cheap

Mine on Ebay finishing today at 5.26, currently at 99p and will be sold at that bid if no other interested parties.

Lotusbits sell them at £50 plus VAT, anyone with an Excel should have one as a spare especially at next to nothing prices.

I have found it hard to give away (gratis) parts in the past I suppose I shouldn't be surprised when there are no takers at anything over 99p, oh well c'est la vie.

David

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251043001083?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SOLD now thanks for reading and bidding.

I am having a garage clearout of various Lotus parts, all Excel bits will be listed on Ebay at 99p with no reserve, can't remember everything that I have but when listed I will give the heads up on here and Lotusexcel.net, would prefer members to pick up a few bargains.

I was just out bid on the pod motor, darn it!

As you say David nobody seems to want secondhand parts unless they pay over the odds from the dealers!

Seems that way Paul, I sold the other motor on Ebay at £30 first time it was advertised, as presumably the buyer was desperate for one, the other one I must have advertised last year probably 5 or 6 times at £30, each time when Ebay were offering a free listing weekend, no takers even though it was half the price from the breakers.

I think that if you happen to need that exact part there and then you will pay whatever it is being advertised at, but if it is only as a spare "just in case" then £30 on a part you may never need is a pointless expenditure.

I have sold parts on Ebay for 99p even when there are numerous watchers, doesn't seem to make sense.

I can't complain, I have bought 99p bargains on Ebay, a very good condition petrol tank for my Elan +2 for instance when I had placed a bid for £40 being what I thought it would go for but I was the only bidder, swings and roundabouts.

If you are looking for anything in particular let me know, when I have my garage clear out I will know whether I have it or not.

David