Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Le Mans Classic 06 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Le Mans Classic 06

Loose Cannon

I know it's getting back a few weeks now but here are some pics from the Le Mans Classic. There was a bit of chat on here beforehand; not sure who actually got there, but I'm sure anyone who did go would say it was gobsmackingly good...world class in fact. Just strolling through the grid mentally totting up the value of the cars was mindboggling. There were also club stands, although I thought allowing 900+ Porsches in was a bit OTT, especially when original GT40s outnumbered the total number of Esprits.

Even the car parks were interesting; Espadas, E-Types, you name it. Came out one night to find an Aston DB4 Volante parked casually next to us. Have to say the Esprit felt very ordinary after bathing in all the exotica at the track, not that the locals necessarily agreed...everywhere we went people waved and smiled, from village bars to farmers in the fields. Everyone in our group completely set aside any preconcieved ideas we had about France (none of us had done more than a weekend in Paris before that). Drove back to the digs one night (37 miles away) and once out of Le Mans city limits we counted 3 other cars, bliss....

The worst bit is now waiting another 2 years for it to roll by again

God I wish I was back there...

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics Mark.

I must admit we have been tempted to do this for a while now. Our local lotus group always have several cars go (about 8 or so i think) ranging from elises to europas. I think we are going to have to pull out the digit and go for 2008!!!

The sound of a GT40 at full chat on the mulsanne straight must be awesome!!

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Great pictures Mark will have to do the classic one day :)

Going to Le Mans 24 hour next year can't wait. :)

Cliff :P

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein